Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FSU Search: Proactive search for Norvell's replacement getting a head start.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Nov 4, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    mea culpa,mea culpa, mea culpa....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. ECEGator

ECEGator Sophomore

Oct 27, 2012
    Gainesville, FL
    Did anyone watch the PC? Can’t remember the guys name but he congratulated Norvell for winning the ACC championship yesterday LOL.

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Agree 100%.

4. upstategator

upstategator All American

Nov 1, 2017
    He’s better than willly which isn’t saying much but he will make them better. That being said I watched 30 secs of his pc and I was bored. Doesn’t matter PCs don’t mean anything but regardless he was 4th in their list.

5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Now THAT is a quick turnaround.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. denny_crane

denny_crane All American

Apr 14, 2007
    That was Thrasher. Also congratulated him on a Cotton Bowl Bid which is probable, but not yet confirmed.

7. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Anchors Aweigh Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    I believe Norvell needs to pass the torch at Memphis and get busy with putting a staff together and recruiting at FSU.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

Friendly reminder..

Just the fact that fsu has an actual coach on their stage equates to that coach winning the press conference..

His tongue could have been cut out of his mouth before he got on the jet to tallatrashee and he still would have won the press conference...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I believe Norvell should coach fsu from Memphis too, and not even worry about recruiting. But that's me...

• Like Like x 2
  10. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I can't see Akers or Terry coming back. Not sure they have anything to prove. Maybe Blackman.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. g8rboy

g8rboy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    So, basically, they spent all that money to get rid of WT and search for a new coach , and they get Norvell. Meh.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    If they were smart they'd high-tail it outta there. But they did choose that cesspool to begin with, then stay during the circus act ot WT.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Legend

Jun 13, 2017
    My view, which is admittedly irrelevant, is they got a good coach. People saying he couldn’t out recruit UCF is just silly. He was in Memphis and a state that isn’t rich in talent like UCF. He will get talent into F$U by default. They have inherent recruiting advantages with feeder schools like IMG throughout the talent wealthy state of Florida. FAMU being down the road doesn’t hurt and bagmen will be active again. What I think remains to be seen and where he underwhelms me, is can he out coach a consistent season of coaches that have proved his equal or better already? Brown at UNC, Diaz at UM (hires the right OC and they’re rolling again), Dabo at Clemson, Mullen at UF, etc. He’s no longer coaching against top 130 coaches, he’s got to outsmart and game plan the top 50 nationally. He will have greater talent than 2/3 of his schedule, does does he get “more” out of his roster. His 4 years in Memphis were solid, with this year being really good. Should he prove an average P5 coach, he’ll have 8/9 wins consistently. I’m a wait and see type, but just having watched WT drive the Ferrari into mud, F$U fans should be excited with this hire. He’s still not a home run based on his own coaching merits though.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

*********************MIDDAY UPDATE**************

Ahh....Finally........The saga has almost reached it's end....

FSWho officials, led by Nolie President Thrasher, who has mysteriosly emerged from hiding, was on hand to welcome their 8th coaching choice, Mike Norvell.... Thrasher immediately congratulated him for winning the ACC Conference Championship, then sat down and put his foot in his mouth.

FSWho AD David Coburn approached the rickety podium, and addressed the "crowd" of 17, stating; ""We are excited that our football program has attracted one of the finest coaches in the country," athletics director David Coburn said. "We had a list of criteria that our new head coach needed to meet that went well beyond his record, and Mike Norvell exceeded all of them.".....
    Hmm..... a few folks there said that was a pretty bold statement, considering the highly paid coaching firm's search had already whiffed on 7 much more qualified and sought after coaches.....and a few others whispered about what "criteria" he had to meet, considering the Nolie "culture"...

Josh Newberg reported "See...I told you that Norvell was the man the whole time!", then joined Thrasher, and put his foot in his mouth, as well....

Trusted insiders were divided on the hire....half orf them crowing something about a "second coming"...and the other half joining other Nolie fans, chanting; "We want the Bob...We want the Bob!"...but, they were all in agreement warning of the upcoming carnage, with Briles supposedly gone....will it be "time to GO-Dell?" stay tuned, or simply listen for shockwaves coming from Tallacrappy....

And.....Page 136 is merely a faint memory of something highly anticipated that never happened....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. zman-1

zman-1 Senior

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    or our spelling.:D

• Like Like x 1
  16. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

SOW students can't spell correctly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

Let me see if I can nutshell this correctly: The guy who has 14 commits to his current school, who hasn't received a commit since the summer and whose class ranks 61st currently is a "recruiting machine"?

I'm gonna need you to explain that to me like I'm 5.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Those facts is meaningless. Do you even live there, man?

Recruiting machine.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. bigryno

bigryno Freshman

Aug 14, 2019
    They are going to very disappointed when they figure out they didn’t hire Clemson’s coach.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Just saw the highlights of the presser. He may be the second coming for all I know but he didn’t scream “general” when I heard him talk. Hope he’s as awesome as Willy was

• Agree Agree x 1