Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

FSU Search: Proactive search for Norvell's replacement getting a head start.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Nov 4, 2019.

1. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

******************2:00 PM UPDATE*********************
    FSWho coaching search remaiins as bleak as 98 year old Bertha Blavitz's frozen crotch......

Page 136 has arrived, with all of the expected fanfare....only to turn out to be about as epic as a fart in a windstorm,....or having some pus in your mouth...........

Josh Newberg reports; "Damn, boy!...Are those teeth, or Chicklets?..and those are some nasty squirtin' tonsils!"

Trusted Insiders are reportedly building a new podium, for the "Big Reveal" of their new Head Coach..... The race is on to see which happens first, finishing the podium, or finidng a coach.....
    Things are not looking good, however, as the insiders have lost the instructions on how to build the podium.....or how to find a new coach, for that matter.....

"Air Farce One" is on the tarmac, refueling, since there has been no coaching movement in the recent days, and that Thrasher's plane remains in the Caymans.

News at 11

#Hire NO-Dell

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

nttiawwt

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Maybe I got it wrong, and she was one of the original owners of the Hooters in the Tampa Bay area.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I am fairly certain, having been obsessed with all of this in a car crash kind of way, that I understand what’s happening in Tally.
    When the donors ponied up the money to buy out WT, in return they were given more input into the hiring process (understandable politics on the part of the AD).
    So what you have now are three factions:
    Those that know just enough to be dangerous and are leaking various things that are likely half truths at best.
    Those that are staying quiet.
    And those that feel that they can sway the results by leaking things that pressure their admin on certain candidates that they are likely pursuing on their own through mutual contacts. Imagine a Terry Bowden reaching out to Bob, hearing he won’t completely shut the door, and strategically leaking to trying get him across the finish line. Or the guy who has never dealt with sports agents getting the BS “yeah this sounds great I will take it back to Bob”, and having said booster (or his son that he told) take that as imminent agreement.
    And then once they are in belief mode, they excuses follow when it doesn’t happen.

5. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Business

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. tilly

He is one tough 4th grader. He's been running track on it for two weeks...but over compensating and complaining. I went on a business trip and came back to a concerned wife/momma as I kept telling her it was nothing.

Soooo...I am now in trouble with that same wife/momma.

So he is fine BUT I may not be. #yikes

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Tell your wife how lovely she looks in emergency room lighting and that you can't wait to get home and ....
    if that doesn't work, I Have a spare room in South Florida not far from the beach, depending on the level of trouble.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Elsewhere I see a legit headline of Urban to the Dallas Cowboys...damn thats gonna be some serious coin...and a failure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    That she is!

10. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    F$U assistant Jim Leavitt is no longer with the program. Leavitt joined the staff as a defensive analyst in Sept. on a deal that ran through Aug. 2020, but he was promoted to a full-time role last month. That new agreement expired this month.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    @gulfdaddy ???

12. tilly

I know man. Just bustin your chops. :)

13. Chantweaver

Chantweaver GC Legend

May 7, 2008
    Sorry to call you out but her mom was NOT one of the founders of Hooters. She may have worked there but is is full public knowledge who the founders are and unless she is really a he. She is not a founder of Hooters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tilly

Dolphins game included? :D

15. Chantweaver

Chantweaver GC Legend

May 7, 2008
    The Original Hooters is in Clearwater aka Tampa Bay area. They also for the longest time all cooperate owned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. beemerthegator

beemerthegator Senior

Dec 1, 2019
    Well in one sense they do. It is called the collective taxpayers of the State of Florida. Get ready for some creative funding for "educational buildings" at FSU again so they can fund competitive facility upgrades to compete as if they had the booster support like a big time SEC school.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. beemerthegator

beemerthegator Senior

Dec 1, 2019
    Well of course. FSU kicks our butts when it comes to both the Circus and fashion design. We are such idiots we don't even get the beauty of the glitter turnover backpack. They are laughing at use. :)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Twitter seems to think it's Norvell. Podium set up?

• Like Like x 1
  19. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, "solid but unspectacular" is Norvell in a nutshell. Big step up compared to Willie, but not a guy that is going to elevate a program to prominence while fighting significant problems in multiple areas.

Respectable hire and what will amount to a caretaker tenure I'm sure (assuming he doesn't still turn them down).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Praying en masse, since it's the only name left that isn't a complete whiff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1