Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FSU recruiting

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gator10, Aug 7, 2021.

1. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    Only if we trust a brief soundbite. (I don't really doubt it, it's just fishy to me)

2. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    You got a point, but Bama doesn’t really have a Jr QB. Ohio state will be interesting if the jigh school kid cashes in.

But I'm still interested in who is paying at some of these schools. Cash app doesn't seem like a Bama booster. Alabama QB Bryce Young already made $800k before starting a game this is the most info I've really seen. I'm thinking it's the agency business and the Alabama name. Cash app doing commercials is interesting.

3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    we’re venturing off topic so we gotta swing it back to the point of the thread but yes im the same way.

Part of me doesn’t believe Young getting $800k and Saban was using that as a bit of a recruiting tool but the other half of me is like does Saban really have to lie about something like that? He really doesn’t

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Thought this was interesting…

Since the inception of the NIL rules, King has partnered with Florida State quarterback McKenzie Milton to co-found Dreamfield (a company dedicated to marketing student-athletes to potential sponsors), signed a deal with a national moving and storage company and is a part of a Miami team that has its entire roster endorsed by a regional mixed martial arts gym.

Miami QB D'Eriq King signs NIL deal with Florida Panthers, making history in partnering with pro franchise

5. uf32259

uf32259 Freshman

Jun 17, 2021
    To me this is the concerning part, UF is experiencing some level of a renaissance. As you mention UF has participated in consecutive New Year's six bowl games, had multiple guys drafted in the first round last season, won the SECE, and fought valiantly against Bama. Yet we cannot recruit at a top 5 level despite being in arguably the best state for recruiting.

What if Norvell proves to be a competent head coach? What if Manny can establish some type of consistency, UF could find themselves being the perpetual bridesmaid with in state recruits.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    More than anything, FSU needs to hold onto that OL class. Everything else they do on the recruiting trail is irrelevant if a few of those kids flip elsewhere because their OL is putrid.

Also, they are severely lacking at WR/TE which makes them getting Skinner and Kevin Coleman Premiums.

Remember Destyn “Fatt” Hill from Louisiana last cycle that we (led by me) really wanted and was wondering why the staff fell ALLLL the way back as did other schools and didn’t recruit him? Grades as he hasn’t made it to campus yet

• Like Like x 1
  7. supduc

supduc Junior

Nov 30, 2016
    Pretty sure some of you ladies were making the same kind of comments about TN killing it in recruiting this time last year.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    We were classified as top 7 in over all team talent in 2020. The difference between 5 and 7 was very little. What I think what people are not saying is how concerned they are about the difference in talent between the top 3 and everybody else: Bama, Uga and tOSU. That is something I don't think Mullen or anybody else Stricklin brings in as head coach is going to be able to do anything about and may get even worse with NIL.

But on your second point, UM and FSU are not making any headway on us now, and I do not expect they will. Sorry but neither the Norvell or Diaz hire were nearly as good as Mullen. All they have going for them is a weaker conference.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Except I’d take my chances with Mullen over those two. But your right, anything can happen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
  11. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
  12. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
  13. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Has to be a couple guys on roster at Alabama. If the QB they just paid doesn't get the job done or gets upstaged by a backup I wonder what happens then?

I take it players will be allowed to retain representation. If my client becomes your QB I am going to ask why you aren't paying him now. He just did for you what you "hired" and paid the other guy to do.

I also wonder how much freedom there is for Universities to establish rules of or for whom sponsorship deals are available- alumni? Organizations influenced by alumni? What can the NCAA influence? It seems we took a conservative approach but I don't know if that was mandate or if the University wanted to take that route in lieu of how it unfolds elsewhere.

14. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Fire Mullen if UF loses to FSU this year lol

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    They seriously look more like Wake Forest every year.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I would be happy to know that several of fsu's OL/DL commits are committed but waiting to see how the season looks and how well they do against us and could be flipped.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    Though I personally like Daniel Lyons, they don't have anybody at DL committed that we are considering. There's no splash that they have made at DL, which is tragic for them because they need help big time there; almost as much as OL.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Lol

19. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Okay. Hopefully then we end up with four star OL with decent offer lists to play against their-uns. Since that's out of the question apparently maybe at least we line up a good DL class when all is said and done.

20. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Our dline is head and shoulders ahead of theirs. Is there anything else that’s relevant?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1