Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

fsu... From Pinnacle To Precipice

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by The_Graygator, Sep 1, 2019.

1. obgator

obgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Wow!

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. Norcaligator

Norcaligator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 21, 2007
    I'm hoping they can build on their first half against George Southern and do just enough to keep Taggart around. If they can win a couple of games convincingly, they Delusionole memories will fade and they will be back!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. SewaneeGator

SewaneeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Unless there's some kind of incident or legitimate cause, how can they possibly fire him in the middle of his second season?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Willie makes an emphatic case for it every time he steps on the field and behind the podium. The Cane fans above are just talking trash in the above tweet, though.

Only way he goes earlier than Thanksgiving is if the wheels really come off in the next few weeks and the team quits. Possible, but not the likely outcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    If everything looks to be coming completely unraveled, how can they not? But $17M is a HUGE number to overcome. To me I will be looking at the body language of the players. If they mail it in then he is TOAST.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Legend

Apr 29, 2007
    There is no way. He gets 3 yrs minimum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    Next year is the Burger King apron....they’ll have it their way

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. interrygator73

interrygator73 Sophomore

Feb 21, 2017
    give Chip Kelly whatever he wanted.

YES! Let's start a new thread !!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. tegator80

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Next year, FSU will have THE thing Chip craves: low fan expectations!

10. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oh, he’s already got that. My son just graduated from UCLA, and football expectations couldn’t be much lower.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Legend

Apr 29, 2007
    Taggart says after seeing his team in the heat during the Boise game, he talked to the training staff about how the team needs to begin hydrating for the game earlier in the week.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Guy is a strategical genius. Needs to have someone's mom bring Gatorade and orange slices for halftime.

• Funny Funny x 8
  13. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oh, please tell me you have a link for that ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

I'm going to help you guys out with the Scary Terry mask:

[​IMG]

I thought about posting a youtube link, but I know how you people are with the ban stick.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    Wow! They've fallen on hard times.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SewaneeGator

Apr 8, 2007
    I think that's fun fan speculation, but I don't see anything in the actual industry to support that kind of action so very early on. I can't think of a coach in living memory who was fired part way through a second season without cause other than losing games.

Yes, maybe there's a threshold of losses this season where they get out the magnifying glasses looking for cause (like a frat house argument or mentioning fan threats), but P5 head coaching positions are a buyer's market right now. You can someone after only 18 months for simply being unsuccessful and there can be lasting repercussions on which coaches and agents will work with you. Or you saddle yourself with even more ridiculous incentives and protections for the next guy to take the chance on now cleaning up two coaches' mistakes.

My guess is he's given this entire season regardless and FSU takes their medicine for the panic hire.

17. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    To think my brother didn't like jimbo who won them a ND to only go willie. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. tegator80

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    IF...your attention span is longer than the typical FSU supporter. FSU is FSU and that is NOT NC State or even Pitt. Now if Willie morphs into Mac then they limp along and drink a LOT more.

But as I posted before, they have a viable option and that is to give "wonder-boy" Briles a shot as interim HC. Nothing catastrophic about that movement. All it takes is a glazed look in the players' eyes and $17M. The first one is VERY plausible, given how it built over the off-season and how the program has been broken in the recent years (call it enabling children).

But the second one, how will they get that done? a bank loan? based on future earnings from ESPN? Play on Thursday nights for the next 20 years? DAMN!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  19. SewaneeGator

Apr 8, 2007
    While awfully risky to jump from a failing coach to an unproven one, I don't have trouble believing that scenario could possibly happen. Next year.

20. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Agreed! They need to win just enough games to keep Willie around. I'm not sure what that magic number is, though.