Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

fsu band

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 1980gator, Nov 27, 2023.

1. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. audiogatorjim

audiogatorjim GC Hall of Fame

Mar 15, 2009
    That’s great! Or perhaps just the chorus to Tom Petty’s Even the Losers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Our band should play a really dumb parody of their crap every time they start it up

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    We'll take an order of slaw hold the fries. Oh, and when we want any lip from you we'll rattle our zipper.

5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    We know

:p

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I'm fairly certain that it's not that simple. If we chose not to accommodate the Nolie band, we could do so. I'm not saying that would be my preference, but there are agreements and logistics in place regarding visiting bands.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    2oldgator...
    While yes, even though I can agree with you to a certain extent... beating their butts into the ground would certainly help in reducing that stupid chant of theirs.
    But, the main part of my point is this:
    If we allow them the open-handed ability to play their chant, over and over and over again... then we are GIVING them the repeated ability to affect how our players perform on the field.
    I was on Florida Field back in 1981 when we beat them 35 to 3 and I can tell you, that on-going chant really gets into your crawl.
    Fast forward to 2023 and the Noles want to blast that chant even MORE.
    Believe me, they KNOW how effective it is against another team and will exploit it as much as they are ALLOWED to.
    Once again, their repeatable war chant is something that no other school in the entire nation uses.
    ...and it is because of that individual, distinctive status that it needs to stop.
    Hopefully our Administration will step up and do something about this!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I'm sure they will get right on it. Right after they get done finalizing their plan to do something about Darnell Dockett and co. intentionally trying to injure our players. :(

9. DeBigLeezard

Feb 25, 2010
    giphy.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. gatornee

gatornee Sophomore

Apr 9, 2007
    Then seat them in the upper north end zone.

11. gatornee

gatornee Sophomore

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, MSU has those cowbells. In order to keep them they have to abide by same rules the bands do on stoppage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Except they don’t. They regularly shake the bells through the snap. Some people stop like they’re supposed to, some don’t.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Legend

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    I like your post DBL but I’m wondering just what can be done. I do think we should be able to divide their allotment of seats where it would be difficult for them seat the entire band together, maybe. Or we could request penalties be assessed for breaking agreements (?) about when to play but, this is going to embolden them even more.
    As a rabid Gator and college football fan since, believe this or not, I was 7 years old listening to Otis Boggs EVERY Gator football Saturday, I personally think FSU has some of the rudest, vulgar and offensive fans I’ve ever had the displeasure of encountering: And I’ve been to a LOT of NCAA football venues. Not saying all their fans are that way or that our fan base doesn’t have that element too, but they are the absolute worst.
    I think we just beat their azzes so bad every year they can choke on that ridiculous war chant, (seriously doubt our Seminole Indians really used that). We are capable of.
    I do like Wannes suggestion of having our band mock the chant every time they start playing it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  14. DeBigLeezard

Feb 25, 2010
    I agree with you.
    Beating them soundly on a regular basis would be a good start.
    But their use of that repeatable war chant has got to stop OR... at least be cut back sharply.
    Not only in fairness to us BUT to other teams they play away.
    Once again, everyone needs to realize that they are the ONLY school in the entire nation that does this.
    FSU absolutely KNOWS this and they continued to not only exploit this but to increase that exploitation.
    Unless our Administration (and other school administrations) step up...
    FSU will continue to use it against teams they play.
    It must be stopped.

15. DeBigLeezard

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes...those illustrious cow bells!
    This is a bit different though.
    At Starkville...they can go all out and shake them all they want.
    (I have been on the field at Starkville and those bells are NOT as bad and as loud as FSU's repeatable, droning war chant.
    Plus, when MSU comes to Florida Field...their visiting fan base is never large enough to affect your play on the field.)
    NOT SO when FSU comes to Gainesville!
    I can promise anyone that their brass section of trumpets, trombones and tubas FAR out-volumes the MSU's cowbells any day!

16. eightiesgator

eightiesgator GC Legend

Oct 16, 2017
    Thankfully, the font is blue...:D

17. eightiesgator

eightiesgator GC Legend

Oct 16, 2017
    I remember when Texas whined about the Horns Down hand gesture. Everyone laughed then.

Solution? Beat them.

18. believer

believer GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2007
    Can’t hear that stupid song on abc during acc champ game. Just goes to show you, espn was intentional last week at the swamp. Get used to it. I miss cbs already.