Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Frost Calls Out BAMA

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by AlEGator7, May 17, 2018.

1. AlEGator7

AlEGator7 Sophomore

Apr 10, 2007
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Some of Bama’s titles are a joke, but there’s a huge difference in the pre-playoff and playoff years as far as legitimacy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Biggest thing is that before the season started, everyone was on board with the playoffs.

If UCF had said pre-season: listen we have a very good shot at 13-0 and no shot at the title, we don’t think this is fair.....that’s one thing. But there were zero complaints.

All of a sudden they didn’t like the result and they protested. What if Clemson had repeated? What if Oklahoma or Georgia won the playoff?

Do I think Bama had no room in the playoffs due to not winning the SEC? Absolutely. But once there they beat whoever was in front of them.

The system will always be imperfect. Expand to 8 teams and #9 will raise hell. Expand to 16 teams and #17 will raise hell.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2014
    Bama did not even win the SEC so their Title could also be questioned.

UCF went undefeated but they weren't playing in a Power Conference either.

I like Frost better than Saban if that counts for anything?

I'd like to see 6 Power Conferences. If you want to play for the NC you need to be in 1 of the 6.

12-14 (or even 16) Teams. Each Conference with a Championship. and 4 at large Bids. (16 Teams) The at large (Wild card) Play - With the winners playing the winners of the Conferences. 8 Teams-4 Teams - Championship.

Start the Season one week early and cut the season to 10 or 11 games.

Drop all non-D1 Games. Who would not watch a "Sweet 16" Playoff System? That would be 11 Major Games.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    One more thing... Bama would have crushed UCF last year. And yes, strength of schedule does matter. Sorry, UCF.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. gatorcloud

gatorcloud GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Frost needs to focus on his rebuild.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. GatorBowl1969

GatorBowl1969 Freshman

Jul 4, 2011
    Que the insane Bama fans screaming vitriol at Frost as if he were the devil himself. Those people are nuts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2014

They don't seem to realize that its Saban and not Frost that's the issue:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    O Bama. :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Legend

Dec 12, 2008
    Or maybe even more basic than complaining preseason about the biased system, if they had just not given up 55 points and 42 points and 33 points in games to power houses like Memphis, USF and Austin Peay and 24 a piece to each of SMU and Connecticut, committee members might have considered them a well-rounded team that could compete against the likes of Bama, Georgia, Clemson. Until they beat Auburn, I would not have considered them legit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I tend to agree, and this is what I said back when UCF first started claiming NC status. Last year's Bama team may not have been the juggernaut they've usually been for the previous 7 or 8 years, but they would have still just physically overwhelmed UCF in a head to match-up, and UGA would have blown UCF off the field imo.

Now, there's the argument "well, UCF beat AU", and I yes, they did, in a close game, after AU had just played Bama and then UGA twice and basically had nothing left to play for.

UCF should be counting their lucky stars they weren't playing Bama or UGA for the title, because they wouldn't have been handing out NC rings in Orlando a few weeks ago.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. TJtheGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    You can question Bama deserving a playoff spot or not. Once there they won.

The season cannot be cut. We need 7 home games in order to pay our bills.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    The smaller divisions do what over 20 teams in their playoffs. We need to be at 16 teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I was hoping he was calling out their dirty recruiting practices.

15. TJtheGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Need a minimum of 7 home games in order to pay our bills. This is simple math. Not negotiable.

A regular season of 11-12 games

+

Possible SEC championship

+

4 playoff games

=

16-17 games.

First huge argument: why bother winning the SEC and putting yourself through an extra game when you’re guaranteed a spot in the 16-team playoff.

Second huge argument: 16-17 games approaches an NFL-type schedule. More games= more injuries= more costs and liabilities to the athletic department. Remember when I said that 7 home games were NON-NEGOTIABLE??? Now our operating (no pun intended) costs went up. Here comes 8 home games! And lets not talk about the potential lawsuits from concussions and bodily harm. Players not playing post season and preparing for NFL draft, anyone???

Third huge argument: players at school who played 11-12 games, much less exposure and practice time than players who played 16-17 games. Lesser schools will argue that this is unfair for recruiting.

Fourth huge argument: if players argue now that they don’t get compensated for the bucks they make for schools, what will they do whey they play more games, generate more bucks, and get compensated the same?

Imperfect system. Always will be.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If the Gators go 13-0 this year, we should be a shoo-in, right?

17. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    UCF I believe had 4 0r 5 top 20 wins this year and finished ranked #6 so I wouldnt take anything whatsoever away from them or their schedule. I also woulnt say Auburn just rolled over because they had nothing to play for....it was a pretty chippy game and both teams were pretty amped up most of the game. UCFs QB also had a pretty bad game and missed a bunch of open guys who would have took it to the house. He was usually a Mariotta clone most of the year but in the final game turned in one his worst of the season. Their system and coaching were what we wished we could have had the last decade so I think Frost would have given the Tide quite a challenge.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. nolancarey

nolancarey Junior

Aug 16, 2009
    I think they should claim it. Doesn't hurt to poke at a system that isn't working for you. They couldn't help their schedule this past year, so why not do something that raises visibility for future teams in the same position? Maybe it will help them have a better claim to top 4 with similar records in the coming years. Nobody gave them a shot, so what's wrong with taking it yourself? Who cares? Any questionable title against bama's multiple questionable titles ...I'm fine with that. Make bama justify it - they lost a game, UFC didn't.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. gatorgrad92

gatorgrad92 GC Legend

Nov 25, 2013
    Frost needs to figure out how to be competitive with Ohio State before running his mouth about the SEC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Not unless we won the 14th. Unless you are counting on our now bi-annual game-lost-to-a-hurricane to kick in. Then 13-0 would do it.