Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Franks taking an OV to Arkansas...

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by MyakkaGator, Jan 14, 2020.

1. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. gohogs14

gohogs14 Freshman

May 7, 2011
    Seems like he would fit the Briles offense well. Honestly the bar isn't very high right now, just need to be better than Ben Hicks/Nick Starkel.

The Arkansas skill positions actually weren't too bad last year, Rakeem Boyd was a 1,000 yard rusher and receivers Treylon Burks/Trey Knox both made freshman all-american teams. Biggest issues were OL and QB play and with Pittman you'd think the OL would improve which just leaves having a competent QB to run things.

Defense is another story...Odom has his work cut out for him these next few years.

3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

SOS has been known to act on emotions. A much-debated topic, but he did not leave UF to coach the Redskins - he left because he was pissed/disappointed at Foley, the league for not punishing Dockett, Grossman’s dad, an increasingly-spoiled Gator Nation......the whole thing had turned sour in his eyes.

He’s as much as admitted leaving UF was a mistake. So when he wants back in after Zook, Foley allegedly gives him the cold shoulder, asks for resume’, all that BS. So SOS says screw it and goes to about the most harmless team with the most success-starved fans in the SEC East to see if he can pull another Duke miracle. I don’t fault him for that.

Especially since he’s back in Orange & Blue. Go Gators

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Pigs and Franks - kinda has a ring to it

Woooooo pig Franks

6. gohogs14

gohogs14 Freshman

May 7, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    He just decided. Ark

8. Matherly87

Matherly87 VIP Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Good for him. I hope it works out for him there. Talented kid that was thrown to the wolves too early here. Dan leveled him up and hopefully they can continue his development there.

He’ll always be a Gator to me and I wish him all the best!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Not sure Arkansas was a great choice for Franks. I do genuinely hope he has a great experience there. He has shown that he can do extremely well in games where he has a lot of time to process the field. But, I'm afraid that's not going to happen often in the SEC West.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  12. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    The reality is I'm not sure how many options Franks really had, at least at the FBS level. He basically has one half-season of high-quality play, and he's still recovering from a catastrophic leg injury. If you're a contending team, or even if you're a team with bowl aspirations, can you really count on Franks as your starter? I imagine a lot of teams would love him as a back-up or to challenge an incumbent for the starting position, but that doesn't really make sense for Feleipe.

At Arkansas, at least, expectations are fairly low, and a healthy Franks still represents a significant upgrade over what they had last year. He gets SEC-level facilities and medical support, and he'll have some games against high-profile opponents where a bunch of NFL scouts will be in attendance. I don't know that it's a great place for him, but considering one of his other options was Kansas, I don't think there were a lot of genuinely great options available.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Short version

He’ll play again but not against us

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. G8tr69

G8tr69 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    From Hogtown to the Hogs! ;)