Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Franks Gone

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Taxg8r00, Dec 1, 2019.

1. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    He's going to lsu.( Speculating)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    I always liked Felipe... Would have really liked to see how much more you would have progressed after week 2 and the injury...
    Well as the coaches say, man down, next man up. Kyle has performed productively so as a player, that's a tough situation to be in. (also with a healthy EJ in the wings). Man, I really hope Felipe's rehab goes great and he gets one more opportunity to bring it another year somewhere. Best of luck Felipe. I will always be pulling for you to succeed.
    GO GATORS!!!! ALL CHOMP!!!!

3. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Link? Personally, I think a Trask vs. Franks showdown in the Swamp would be delicious.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. GatorPrincess8

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    Just speculating

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Damn. Hoping for great news after the big win but Franks , Krull ? Lots of Juniors gone? Suck , kick in the gut

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. spincycle81

spincycle81 GC Legend

Oct 10, 2015
    Corndogs would pitch a fit. Could be fun to see.

7. GatorPrincess8

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    Why it needs to happen.

8. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. nodakgator

nodakgator Sophomore

Oct 14, 2019
    I don’t think any Juniors have declared yet and I personally think the only one who will be is CJ. Idk why Toney would unless teams are comparing him to a Tyreek Hill type; Grimes could come back and be a 1st rounder with a big year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mcogator

mcogator Senior

Nov 22, 2016
    Torrance, CA
    This way when he tells us to shush after a TD it wont be as awkward.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker Premium Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    Franks and Trask were a mirror image of Terry Dean and Danny Wuerffel in 1994 to me.
    Terry Dean was an equally talented QB. Had a rocket for an arm, NFL level talent, and lots of heart. At the time most considered the two of them equals. He tended to scramble when pressured and made a few mistakes, but had a higher ceiling than Wuerffel with his ability to gun the ball.
    Wuerffel had the faster reads, better progression, and he would pass when pressured and then take the late hits. We all know where that got him.
    Will be fun to watch where Franks goes in his career. Mullen's #2 QB Cam Newton got pretty far after transferring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ArtDeco

ArtDeco GC Hall of Fame

Sep 26, 2011
    Detroit Rock City
    I was one of Franks' biggest fans, having watched him play for Wakulla. I always rooted for him to reach his full potential, but as many have already said, there were some awkward things in his development. He certainly improved under Mullen, but nows the time to make a fresh start.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

This.

14. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Remember though....
    Cam didn't so much "transfer" as opposed to "ousted"....that stolen laptop missed the bushes by yards.

15. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    He was money at the end of last season! Thanks

16. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

The difference could be that Franks, if he had stayed, could apply for a medical redshirt, then play an additional year after Trask goes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. finorman

finorman GC Legend

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    My kid went to the Gators summer camp two years ago. He said Felipe was one of the nicest kids there. My son is not a tremendous athlete.... Felipe has no reason to look out for him, other than he’s a genuine human being. I’ll always root for the kid, unless he is playing against Florida.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He gets some playing time behind one QB, but less playing time behind two QB's who have starting experience and are ahead of him on the depth chart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thom1507

thom1507 Freshman

Oct 13, 2019
    I only wish the best for FF. I personally think he's an exceptionally gifted athlete and has the better fundamentals than Trask, but he does not have the demeanor to be a great QB. His emotions get the better of him, which works at most positions, just not QB.

20. WhattaGator

Agreed...
    But now....it's all a moot point, seeiing how Franks is gone...
    EJ wll get a lot more playing time alongside Trask next year, and then, the team is his., so he's not going anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1