Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Franks Gone

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Taxg8r00, Dec 1, 2019.

1. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    This just in, the sky is blue. Thought dude did the best he could and we were lucky to have him either way

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I agree.

While he is more athletic than Trask, Trask is clearly the overall better QB, and he just isnt going to beat out Trask or Emory, not to mention we have Richardson coming in and the year after that it will be Del Rio.

Franks came in at a precarious time, had to deal with two head coaches and two offenses as starter, and his pure athleticism made him the starter.

He literally was a stop-gap QB for us and it was only a matter of time before Trask replaced him. He'd already nearly replaced Franks last year before fracturing a bone in his foot at practice.

That said, Franks played with his heart on his sleeve, on pure emotion, and he loved UF and his coaches and teammates.

Even through his inconsistent games, Franks could explode on an opposing defense at a second's notice, and when he got the hot, it was damn near impossible to beat him

He might have only started a short time in terms of career at UF, but I will always respect that when he played for us, win or lose, he left it all on the field. Matter of fact, he would truck you and run you over to win.

I wish him all the best of luck in his future endeavors. He'll always be a great Gator to me.

And if we win the Orange Bowl, I hope he gets a ring for it too.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Not sure that's necessary...

Sure, if there's one we like out there...

But I think Emory Jones has improved as the season has progressed... and Trask's resume speaks for itself. Then, we have Richardson coming in who has size and mobility...

Honestly, I think Jones is ready to start, I just think Trask is better, and will therefore get the nod next season...

That's 3 QBs for next season... 2 of which are legitimately ready to play and one emergency option... I think that's fine...

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I remember getting roasted here when I said Trask would be starter here one day because he had all the tools to be an All-SEC QB... and I said that when Nuss recruited him.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lpfan8278

lpfan8278 Junior

Oct 10, 2012
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Best of luck to Franks, good kid that came into a bad situation until Mullen came in and turned him around, kid gave it his all and helped us turn it around last year. I don’t think he will make the NFL but I think he could have a promising baseball career with his arm strength

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill GC Legend

Feb 7, 2018
    Wishing you the best... thanks for being a Gator and for all you did here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TEKgator22

TEKgator22 GC Legend

Nov 30, 2008
    VA
    Beat wishes to Feleipe! Should never be in doubted that he gave maximum effort when he was out there. God speed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    For me, it depends entirely on the following:

I'd only go to a place with the right situation, a good offensive scheme and play caller, and a very solid possibility to start...

Maybe I'm biased, but that 2018 season had a pretty good situation with the OL and running game, a pretty good scheme and play caller in Mullen, and he started essentially the whole season...

I would seriously consider declaring for the draft. No he won't be a top 3 round pick... but returning may do him more harm than good if he simply picks the wrong school and situation... which is a mistake even people with the best judgment can make...

9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I wish him the best wherever he goes... other than LSU, FSU, UGA, Tennessee, USCe, Kentucky, Vandy or Missouri...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Franks is a decent kid and a great athlete. He was loved here by his teammates. I wish he would have stayed but I don't blame him for leaving. I have been frustrated at times by his play, and I'm sure he has been too. I think it's classy that he waited until now to announce. It would be cool to see him in the NFL if he has a place there. I hope he ends up somewhere far away if he is to play in college. Probably his college choice will let us know how he really feels...

Go Gators.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. tundragator

tundragator GC Legend

Oct 26, 2015
    Best wishes to FF

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree. I cant say im the leader of FFs fan club but I hate that he has to go out the way he is. Due to injury. The kid played his heart and soul out for OUR University and for that I appreciate him and want nothing but the best for him.

Note to Feleipe...call the Red Sox and tell them youre ready to dedicate yourself to MLB. Give your body some relief and make great money in a different League.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    He will be a Gator legend for the “Heave to Cleve.”

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. g8torlenny

g8torlenny Freshman

Nov 10, 2016
    Wish this young man nothing but the best. He will always be a Great Gator!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. jrcg8tor

jrcg8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2007
    I have shared this on here before, but Franks to Cleveland is a very special memory for me. My dad grew up in Tennessee and always disliked the Vols. He became a Gator fan when he moved to Florida in the early 50’s and a season ticket holder in the mid 60’s.

In the last few years of his life on fall Sundays we would always make sure we had a conversation about the most recent Gator game. My dad passed away on Monday September 18, 2017. Our last conversation was the day before and much of it revolved around Franks to Cleveland. It was a great conversation and is now a very special memory.

• Like Like x 15
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    It’s all been said. I could question some of his decisions but never his heart or willingness to put it on the line. He gave his all for his teammates, coaches and UF. Wishing the young man complete healing and future success.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. cedarkey_gator1

cedarkey_gator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I think with Kyle's success, the quarterback room just grew to small to handle both...best of luck to a good Gator...

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

No...Richardson's in this year, and we have another QB in the recruiting class, not to mention the fact that we already have a 3rd QB

19. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I think he should go MLB route. His personality even fits the diamond better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Best of luck to you, Feleipe...You're always a Gator... thanks for what you did for us!

I hope your future is bright.

• Like Like x 1