Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Franks Gone

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Taxg8r00, Dec 1, 2019.

1. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    I'll remember Franks for 2018, and when Gator football became fun again, after what seemed like forever.

On another note:

These last couple of games though, that 2-QB rotation has been working out, and it didn't seem like it disrupted the offense's rhythm compared to earlier in the season

2. gatorPUNX

gatorPUNX GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'll take credit for that, and now it is confirmed that the coaches read these message boards!

3. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

We will never know! I think having a QB that is an integral part of our rushing attack would improve our output in rushing and open up opportunities for our tailbacks that don’t exist presently.

I will agree that Trask proved to be more consistent and therefore more reliable . But you have to also look at the personnel! Our receivers and tailbacks are top tier. There not four programs in the country that can match them.

Franks left because he could not see himself wresting the starting job from Trask. Fields, Eason, Hurts, Bryant and many others, left top programs not because they were not top qbs but because the person starting did not falter when called upon to play. The same applies to Franks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Trask has had a lot more pressure from defensive lines than previous UF QB's, and that may explain a lot of his errant throws (which are generally rare). The dropped INT's I remember happened when Trask threw as a pass rusher crashed into him or was in his face. So his receivers may not be as good next year (or they might be, with another year of coaching from Mullen & Co.), but if the O-line improves, he should improve a bit as a passer. Just having a running game to keep the defense honest (and wear down the DL) will improve his passing game.

5. Todesrolle

Todesrolle GC Hall of Fame

Oct 23, 2007
    My Island
    I love all my fellow Gators here (probably because I avoid Too Hot, LOL!), but comparing Berlin to Franks makes my skin crawl. Anyone who knows Franks knows that he's a Gator at heart, no matter where he goes to showcase his talents. The other guy lost the battle for starter, went to a rival, spilled the beans on us in every way imaginable, beat us, and then rubbed it in. Franks has a long way to fall to match that crap.

One of them... I'd buy him the drink of his choice any time and any place that I bump into him again.

The other... can kiss my arse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 All American

Jun 8, 2007
    Since I am the one that brought the name up..let me clarify: I was not comparing FF to BB except that it is a fact that both are "Gators" under the rubric of "Once a Gator, Always a Gator". We are quick to point to this expression when the ex-Gator is doing something good, in our opinion, but I hear people say "He's not a Gator" about people that are also ex-UF but doing something we dislike. My point was that the expression is either true all the time or it's not. FF is a Gator that has been passionate, selfless, proud and I'd be happy to buy his libation at any time. BB is a Gator, but he's not one of which we are proud and for good reasons. He can, as you said, "Kiss my ass." We shun him, and pretty rightly so. But he is a Gator, if "OAGAAG" is true at all.

7. upstategator

upstategator All American

Nov 1, 2017
    Do we know where Franks is looking to transfer to? Just curious.

8. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    LSU......just kidding. Just wanted to start some trouble. lol