Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FoxNews Reporting Trump to be Indicted This Week in NY

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ncargat1, Mar 18, 2023.

1. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He was undoubtedly the least qualified person to ever hold the office. He received the nomination in large part because of the size of the Republican field and the way that the party allocates delegates with winner-take-all or weighted primaries resulting in a candidate receiving all of the state's delegates if the candidate ends of a plurality even a plurality well under 40%. Ironically, the mainstream media that Trump and his supporters in the right-wing media love to demonize was also complicit in his winning the nomination with both CNN, MSNBC and even the broadcast networks covering his MAGA rallies during the primaries in their entirety although not so much during the general election campaign. He won the general election because enough supporters of Bernie Sanders especially younger voters were so pissed off at Hillary Clinton and the DNC for their strategy of putting in the fix for her that they stayed home or voted third party. By the way after he was actually in office the same lefties that refused to vote for Hillary turned out in 2020 giving Old Joe Biden a margin of around 8 million votes over Trump as maybe even more significantly victories over Trump in the swing states that Hillary lost in 2016.

In the end Trump will rank with Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan as among the worst presidents in the US history. Trump could actually end up being a very consequential president although not because he was even remotely competent but rather as the result of his packing of the Supreme Court largely thanks to Mitch McConnell somewhat ironically considering that Mitch and Trump despise each other.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Do you honestly believe this isn't politically motivated? I get that you and many others hate him, but if there was truly anything they could have nailed him with back then they already would have. This will end up being like the fake impeachments and Russian witch hunt. A complete waste of time again

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
  3. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Well he is so good at what he is good at, that he thinks he is good at everything. In my youth I thought those things were related too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Well, first off, he actually was impeached, twice. Secondly, do you see the problem boasting that nobody can "nail him" while also claiming that nobody should be allowed to charge him any crimes? Let's let this play out. If he's innocent, then I'm sure he's be able to prove it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If the cases against Trump go to trial he's not going to have the advantages of the Republican Senate that he had in the not so fake impeachments or the hand picked AG that he had following the Mueller report. A jury not beholden to Trump (ultimately probably several juries) will not render a preordained verdict but will actually evaluate the evidence. Not so with either the Republican Senate or Bill Barr.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    In maga world, there is no crime he can be charged with and if he is it is automatically a political witch hunt. As Trump said himself, he could shoot someone on fifth avenue and he would lose none of his followers. The hard core followers want their orange emperor by any means necessary with zero regard for the consequences for the nation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    There are many social media/Tik Tok posts threatening armed violence. I was going to post a few but could not find any that would be allowed on TH. Hope it’s just bluster from the predictable and pathetic corners of the inter webs because we should all be accountable for our crimes no matter who we are.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    The man is a career scumbag and grifter. Based on what I have read about Deutche Bank, the purchase of the Doral country club and building of the Trump Towers on Miami Beach, heavily occupied by Russians hiding their money from Putin, I am totally convinced he is a criminal. However, I am not convinced that there are not 50-75 other politicians out there who are just as potentially corrupt if not more.

I would prefer that the NY DA downgrade the charges to misdemeanor (where they were initially), fine Trump for being a scumbag and then put this to bed. Literally nothing good comes from what happens next if he is indicted, and heaven forbid arrested.

9. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Odds of a 12-person jury rendering a guilty verdict?

10. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Everybody has their opinions of him, and I won't argue that your completely right or wrong. You could say that about a lot of realtors and developers. I agree nothing good will come of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Ok yes, I see the problem. What I meant was all the wacky leftist and their fake impeachment hearing and other witch hunts over the last 6 years hasn't achieved anything but splitting our country and spreading more hate. Good job Liberals

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL, it is neither legally or factually dubious.

This is the NY law that aggravates the falsifying business records crime to a felony:

§ 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree.
    A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree
    when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second
    degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit
    another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.

Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.

I've seen the righties try to argue that the bolded language only applies to New Your state crimes and not federal ones. That argument is the spurious one, if that was the intent of the NY legislature, they clearly could have so limited it. Rather, the language and intent is clear.

Factually, just review Cohen's charging document, especially starting at page 11. Trump is individual 1 and Stormy is Woman 2. It is written in straightforward enough language you should be able to follow it.
    https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=4779524-U-S-v-Michael-Cohen-Information

This is the misdemeanor offense:

§ 175.05 Falsifying business records in the second degree.

A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the second degree
    when, with intent to defraud, he:

1. Makes or causes a false entry in the business records of an
    enterprise; or

2. Alters, erases, obliterates, deletes, removes or destroys a true
    entry in the business records of an enterprise; or

3. Omits to make a true entry in the business records of an enterprise
    in violation of a duty to do so which he knows to be imposed upon him by
    law or by the nature of his position; or

4. Prevents the making of a true entry or causes the omission thereof
    in the business records of an enterprise.

Falsifying business records in the second degree is a class A
    misdemeanor.

13. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    You guys have tried to get him convicted and failed for the past 5 years, nobody to blame but yourselves, come on you the FBI and DOJ in your back pockets.
    No republican I know has denied that he's most likely done shady deals and can be pretty crude. He was great for our country and got a lot accomplished and I wish he would have been re-elected. But he lost and I wished he wasn't running again, but he is and he will win the nomination thanks to your party

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Lol, you got him

15. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    People need to remove anything indicative of the Democrat party from their vehicles and/or homes. I normally keep identical .380s in my cars for personal defense weapons, I will temporarily be swapping those for something more powerful until things settle down.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. JustaGator

JustaGator Freshman

Sep 6, 2015
    You think Trump is done? Really? What - was 2 impeachments and a litany of crimes he committed to get elected (and Mueller indicated he had enough to indict, but wouldn't do that to a sitting President) not enough for you?

As far as the 2024 Election interference, the 2016 Election just called and asked me to pass the following words to you...

"Karma is a bitch"

Although one must note, Hillary was never indicted for anything... but now that we have the hard earned knowledge of how a "businessman" does as President, I am guessing we won't see a repeat of that mess anytime soon...

And here we now have DeSantis kissing Putin's ass!!! Even with Russia at 9% favorability rating in the US!!!! Just so Russia doesn't help Trump beat him in the primary, because he'll kiss Putin's ass even better than Trump!

But don't you worry MAGA folks, even if you never win another election with Trump, DeSantis, Tulsi, whoever.... you'll always be considered a patriot...

...in Moscow.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
  17. JustaGator

JustaGator Freshman

Sep 6, 2015
    Would be sad to see someone triggered by a political sign, but of course when you've made such a mess of things that Joe Biden gets called up from the senior leagues to pitch in the big game, you really screwed up.

Of course this level of extreme precaution brings up another question - who would do such a thing?

Only someone who had been programmed by decades of drive time Limbaugh, years of Faux News, and Russian collusion in an election would even consider such extreme measures...

How will this all end?

Spoiler alert for people still supporting MAGA extremism:

You will be replaced - thankfully - by thinking, caring, human beings. They are already here.

Over time we will get better mental health care due to their efforts and we will cease creating a critical mass of people who believe the untruths that you do.

Even if you aren't willing to take stock of yourself and ask for help, you will eventually realize YOU are the enemy you've been searching so hard for in your conspiracy theories.

What else do you think the precipitous rise in fentanyl overdoses, mass-shootings by white men, and suicides are indicative of in the white US population?

Hopelessness - your "replacement theory", Republican (via the Kremlin) propaganda, and undiagnosed mental illness - in action.

We have the proof - who did Trump make sure got the Medal of Freedom before he died?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative x 1
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    My honest opinion. Possible but by no means a slam dunk. As I stated in other posts not an especially strong case and although not completely analogous somewhat similar to the federal case against John Edwards in which he was charged with using campaign funds to pay his mistress. Did not end well for the government with Edwards being acquitted. I actually think Bragg would have had a stronger case should he have decided to prosecute Trump for falsifying the valuation of his properties, way over their actual value when he proposed to use them as collateral to secure loans, much lower for tax purposes. By the way I think the NY State AG is still pursuing the valuation issue as a civil matter.

19. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    If Cohen was indicted, trialed and put in jail for the same crime, and Trump was a Co- conspirator, I don't see how it could be perceived as polical. Trump realizes his best defense is to try and intimidate the prosecutors by threatening violence from a willing base. The Cohn school of criminal defense. He also will likely be indicted for trying to overthrow the election, inciting a violent insurrection, and stealing classified documents. All of those things actually happened. He broke the norms of the office, that left the country more damaged and divided, and will break the norms for indictments of a former president.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    What a total crock of shit!!!! I think you guys really believe this crap.

Mueller wouldn’t indict a sitting president, huh?? Well, I’ve got news for you; Congress didn’t need an indictment to impeach now, did they? They didn’t impeach him based on Mueller because they couldn’t.

Looking back, they probably should have. Because even without enough evidence to do so, the report still had more credibility as charges for impeachment than the Obstruction of Congress bullshit that they eventually reached far enough and came up with.

As far as election interference goes, I never brought that up. Personally, I hope he doesn’t run. Biden has clearly showed the world that the job is too much for a 78 year old man.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 6
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2