Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FoxNews Reporting Trump to be Indicted This Week in NY

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ncargat1, Mar 18, 2023.

1. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    LOL ... Hillary was under-investigation by the Republican congress and then the DOJ from 2012-2016 when everyone knew she'd be the 2016 democratic front runner. Give it a rest. The 30 Benghazi hearings were a bit much, but most democrats were fine letting the DOJ process play out.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Meh. Democrats are used to bullshit fishing expeditions. Ask Fauci or Hillary. It never amounts to charges cuz its political. If this amounts to charges you'll know it isnt political. I'd simply wait for the indictment to see what's up. I have no idea whether to appalled by Trump's illegal actions or not, or whether he's being overcharged or not. My gut is with his lawyer pleading guilty and in jail there might be some non-fake charges but I'll wait and see.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    The thing is that Trump and people arguing for him can say on one hand that the prosecutor is partisan and it's all rigged against him but then Trump can say there is zero doubt that the prosecutor will do the right thing. Seems like he's hedging his bets/arguments because that's what he does.

What confuses me a bit is that Trump reportedly posted last week based upon "illegal leaks" that he would be arrested today. Who was the leaker and why was that prediction wrong? If the testimony had not even concluded, why did Trump think it was a good idea to tell everyone that he's going to get arrested? And if he was so sure last week of his imminent arrest, why does he now have so much confidence that the grand jury was so blown away by the testimony of Robert Costello? None of it makes much sense to me except that Trump is a habitual liar and likes to keep people guessing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Are you saying he was lying when he said it was? Because he was the one who said it was.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Because he's an attention whore?

All kidding aside, you ask a very good question. I think Cohen's lawyer is Trump's ace in the whole in all of this.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    I really have no idea why he would say that, unless he heard someone leaking information. Or he knows (from leaked information) that he is NOT going to be indicted and is playing for sympathy?

7. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    And to be fair, I don't know how the grand jury process works while some others do know. Is it possible that the jurors have decided to indict on one issue or charge and wanted to hear more testimony on another issue or charge (e.g., the potential felony)? Or are all potential charges laid out and decided at the same time with no further testimony? I honestly don't know how it works. I guess I had assumed last week based upon Trump's posts and the reporting that a decision had been reached and everyone was working out the logistics. But if that had been the case, I'm not sure why they'd have had additional testimony.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm not sure either, but one thing I have not yet heard is a possible felony charge. That would be a whole other ball game.

9. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    LOl. The DA had Michael Cohen in New York on standby just in case Costello said or presented anything that required rebuttal. Costello didn't lay a glove on him and Cohen was excused without testifying. To continue with the boxing analogy, and paraphrasing a bit, the only dopes Trump roped in are the ones that believe him.

How the hell can someone leak the outcome of a vote that hasn't taken place yet? Trump was just cranking up the base.

It's another ball game. They have been discussing non stop about indicting him on a felony.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    New York has unusual grand jury rules. The target (Trump) has the right to request that certain testimony or evidence be presented to the grand jury. The grand jury then votes if they want to receive it or not. This one apparently voted yes. The DA had Cohen in NY ready to testify in case there was anything Costello said or presented that needed to be rebutted or clarified. Cohen was sent home without having to testify again. That suggests Costello didn't touch Cohen, otherwise you put Cohen back on so, if nothing else. they hear from him last.
    At the conclusion, the DA explains the applicable laws to the grand jury and gives them proposed indictment forms. Any grand juror can ask questions of the DA if he/she wants. They can indict on the highest charge presented, a lesser or "no true bill" if they don't want to indict period. If there are multiple crimes presented, they vote on each one separately. The DA and his staff are not in the room at the time of the vote.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    So he is lying?

13. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    If his mouth is moving he’s lying…

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I live about 5 miles from there. I followed. That story from about 7:30 that night

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't know.

17. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Hillary was under investigation for more than 20 years

18. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    • Funny Funny x 5
  19. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    I remember that report about doubling back but they couldn’t say if it was accidental or deliberate. Given that he weighed 140, was a kid and Z outweighed him my a million pounds I’d say the latter is the most likely. Martin was legit scared for his life flight is the natural reaction.

20. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    Also appears to be in DC. Ai still need a little tweaking