Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Fox News Now Supporting The Vax

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    That is fine. It seems you guys are debating whether people deserve to die or not. It is a shame that you guys are again splitting hairs….this time over someone’s death.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. G8tas

G8tas All American

Sep 22, 2008
    You even have dating apps promoting it

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. BULLGATOR

BULLGATOR Generally unpleasant. Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Darwin.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You got one of the most indefensible "Come on Man" ratings in the history of this site. Shame on that supposed "pro-life" poster.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    At this point I embrace bacon and cmon man ratings from certain posters. It lets me know that my posts are touching a deep part of their soul:)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Vaccine suspicion among blacks has been well documented from the start and stems from a perspective of the federal government using blacks as a Petri dish for science experiments (like Miss Evers Boys, which was an abject disgrace that persisted for almost half a century up into the 1970’s) I think this has improved the past few months as black pastors around the country have gotten behind the vaccine.

Vaccine suspicion from the far right media largely has no basis in any public health realm, but stems from the desire to drive a societal wedge based on party politics, and has been very effective in doing so. That’s not to say it’s all driven by partisanship and there certainly are reasonable folks on the right who are vaccine hesitant for good reasons of public health fitting their specific concerns or situations, but that’s a whole different circumstance than the message platforms like Fox (and others) have been driving home until……yesterday….when all of a sudden they started to support vaccines rather than undercut the message by trafficking in trash science and by exception.

There’s a huge difference between the two categories of vaccine resistors.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    While previous infections of Covid do provide some protection against future infections, the following may be enlightening:
    Opinion: Get the shot, even if you’ve had COVID

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Bottom line, republicans want to hold up cities like Jacksonville as ideal examples of cities following conservatives policies that survived the pandemic without masks or shutdowns. It’s important political points and bragging rights.

but when those cities see huge spikes in cases because so many people aren’t vaxxing it destroys their whole narrative so now of course they are finally screaming for people to vaccinate.

UF Health Jax sets record for patients with COVID-19 | firstcoastnews.com
    Jacksonville Mayor, hospitals plead for vaccinations as delta variant rages

It's just sad that people are getting sick and hurt now because of the disinformation campaign carried out by conservative media.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I agree and actually, though you may not believe it, that was discussed on most of the programs being criticized. Both sides are actually discussed by most of these programs, which is why I watch it. They give you both sides, but are defiantly against being dictated to. Most on here might be surprised if they ever watched Tucker, Hannity, or Ingram. Obviously JMHO.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    The MSM in Jacksonville used to be very conservative but that is no longer the case. Local channel 4 is no longer that conservative and actually take there feed from a fairly liberal owner. They have consistently pushed people to get vaccinated and my family has all been vaccinated. That said, we are mostly freedom loving people who choose to make our own decisions. Like most liberals, if we don't agree with your opinion then we must be "deplorables", or whatever.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Doesn’t matter, both categories consist of humans. I don’t need you guys to point out the difference because I get it. The point is it’s sad no matter the reason because the result could be life ending for all.

12. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    Victimhood mentality on full display. No where did I call you or anybody else deplorable. And wtf… Like we all don’t love freedom Lolol.

Im not sure about local news jax but I’m talking national media machine in my original post in case you were confused.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Unless I am mistaken you specifically referred to Jacksonville in your post, therefore my response in kind.

14. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Agreed. I’ve lost several friends from Covid, and almost several relatives. None were vaccinated. All probably preventable. Tragic regardless of why.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    Jacksonville is a city that DeSantis and republicans nationally have used as example of how their policies are better at battling the pandemic.

Or rather they used to use as an example lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Obviously you don't live in Jacksonville, but I have since 1960 and I took offense to your post. Do you have more to add? Frankly, you are just another arrogant liberal. Is that too hot for "to hot"?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    It is interesting that you think other people view you as "deplorable" if they disagree with you, but when people disagree with you, you declare them "just another arrogant liberal." It seems like you are guilty of what you accuse others of being guilty of (notably looking down on people with other opinions).

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    Old people are often easily offended I’ve found.

I’m not even really making judgments on Jax specifically, other than the fact that republicans had used it to support their approach to battling covid and now they look kinda silly for doing so.

But by all means continue being salty. You sure have added a lot to this conversation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
  20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Once again this comes to mind.
    Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously
    Tragically even if Tucker Carlson's colleagues at Fox are actually acting responsibly apparently he and implicitly his employer do not want to lose viewers divorced from reality even it's unethical and will continue to cost lives. What makes Carlson's BS even more unconscionable is that he apparently has received the vaccine himself and is still continuing to dissuade his viewers from receiving the vaccine by promoting false narratives to boost his ratings.