Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Fox News Now Supporting The Vax

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jul 20, 2021.

1. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Fox News Is now backing the vax. Why did they start supporting it?

“Fox News host Sean Hannity, who has spent considerable airtime downplaying the effects of Covid-19, urged his viewers Monday to "take it seriously."

"Please take Covid seriously. I can’t say it enough. Enough people have died. We don’t need any more death," he said. "Research like crazy. Talk to your doctor, your doctors, medical professionals you trust based on your unique medical history, your current medical condition, and you and your doctor make a very important decision for your own safety."

“The comments from the Fox News personalities come amid criticism the network has been hit with over controversial comments some hosts have made about local lockdown measures, face mask mandates, vaccine science and the pandemic as a whole. “

Fox News hosts urge viewers to get vaccinated following criticisms of network

Sean Hannity, who downplayed Covid, urges viewers to 'take it seriously'

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    These clowns could’ve helped save a lot of lives if they said this earlier. Oh well, better late than never I guess.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe the conservative media outlets are starting to realize that the people still dying are mostly those who take them seriously.

It was interesting, what someone posted here a while back, that some right wingers are blaming democrats for being too pro-vaccine, thereby turning off the far right wingers who have no thoughts of their own, but only exist to oppose democrat ideas.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. slightlyskeptic

slightlyskeptic GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2021
    Nope. Not my experience.

• Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Good point. GOP will hopefully now start supporting the vax with more urgency. It might be sinking in they could own this recent spike of cases.

“my patients choose to abandon the science and evidence that can save their lives. I do blame Fox Newsand other right-wing media outlets for poisoning the minds of millions of Americans with the deceptive propaganda they spray into living rooms 24/7.“

This isn’t just my experience. As executive director of the Committee to Protect Health Care, an organization of medical professionals across the country, I hear stories like these from members every day.”

Opinion | Shut off Fox News and save lives

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  6. slightlyskeptic

May 13, 2021
    I love that pitboss disagrees with my experiences. :D:D:D

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. slightlyskeptic

May 13, 2021
    ^^^^^^ If you didn't I would have been disappointed. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    1. Your experience may have little correlations to national averages.

2. If you are right, it could be that democrats who get it are disproportionately minority and live or work in circumstances where transmission is more likely. It is entirely plausible that democrats have a greater vaccination percentage, but among the non vaxed democrats are more likely to contract it.

9. slightlyskeptic

May 13, 2021
    I have no idea how my experience correlates nationally. But at least in my little corner of the world it strongly goes against the prevailing narrative here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    I never watch Fox News and Trump is so yesterday but coming on here the libs fill me in on all the Trump news and what Fox News is talking about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. RIP

RIP Election Prediction Savant Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you.

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
  13. Norcaligator

Norcaligator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 21, 2007
    You definitely seem more like an OAN viewer.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte

• Like Like x 3
  15. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Legend

Jul 4, 2020
    And nutty YouTube videos.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And he reads the Babylon Bee for hilarity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Here is why they are worrried.

Fox News treats its viewers as fools with latest vaccine disinformation campaign

But when the cameras are off at Fox News, suddenly everything changes. The vaccine is no longer regarded as a dangerous threat to Mom and apple pie, but a common-sense health intervention backed up by medical science. As CNN reported on Monday, Fox News — while decrying "vaccine passports" on-air — has been using a vaccine passport among their own staff since early June. Vaccinated employees who get what is called the FOX Clear Pass "are allowed to bypass the otherwise required daily health screening" and basically return to normal life inside the Fox offices.

This reporting caused rounds of completely justified outrage among liberals online, with "hypocrites" being the preferred term thrown around. But really, what the folks at Fox News are up to is much worse than garden variety hypocrisy. The whole thing is a dark reminder that the well-heeled pundits and corporate executives at Fox News have almost bottomless contempt for their own viewers, who they see as a bunch of gullible rubes to be exploited and discarded as needed for profit and political gain. Indeed, they hold their viewers in such low regard that they will happily talk their viewers into contracting a highly contagious, extremely dangerous, and easily prevented disease — for no other purpose than creating headaches for a Democratic president and, quite likely, the cheap thrill of having so much power over other people.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    That whole thing with their “vaccine passport” was rather amazing.

All that railing against vaccine passports on-air, and they implement it all the way for themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Shocked face. Who would have thought this? I do disagree that Fox execs have contempt for their viewers. They just attract their viewers by spreading falsehoods that the viewers want to hear. Whether is be vaccine information, election fraud information or anything else. And Fox has the largest viewership of the news and commentary networks. So, it’s formula works. Even when they are sued, they defend by arguing that the shows are shtick that are not to be believed. But, all one has to do is read these threads or watch Congressional hearings or look at polling and attitudes to see that, even in the fact of falsehood, the base believes. Look at the post the other day in the COVID thread putting equal blame on a Pelosi, Schumer and the New York mayor as on Trump for encouraging normalcy in February 2020 when we had little information about the threat of COVID here and Trump admitted to Woodward he was lying about the threat. When, of course, they were not privy to the January threat briefing Trump received. Now the January 6 insurectionists were just tourists or rabble or unarmed. It just never ends with the right wing. Because conservative America has been replaced by autocratic anti-democratic forces.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1