Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Fourth of July: Trump wants tanks rolling down the streets

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    LMAO if that's all you got...Trump once again wins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    LMAO, I bet you believed him when he told you about the 18th century airports, didn't you? ;)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Yes, I know the speech well. Now give the context. Most people who were reasonably informed in those days understood what the President was talking about, because they knew the issues he was having with the Congress and the Army (not even the whole military). These days, without that context, people incorrectly infer more than what he was saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    one helluva crowd to see those tanks roll down the street-oh wait there were no tanks in the parade - still one helluva a crowd to hear the President speak

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Legend

Nov 19, 2016
    Trump has made it fashionable for any cowardly civilian to boldly insult military veterans. MAGA nation prances around pretending they're so patriotic and bragging about how much they love the military and how people better respect the flag, but you'll never hear any of them denounce this type of behavior.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    For most people, ignorance isn't a virtue.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Premium Member

So that's how you won. I've been reading the wrong books!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    It is pretty damn bad to hate someone so bad that you have to dig that deeply into what he says to find fault with his speech. Trump wins again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    I didn't have to do any digging. I didn't watch his speech. I saw on Twitter the videos of him stammering like a fool before talking about the Continental Army taking over airports. The man you support doesn't know that we didn't have airports or even airplanes during the Revolutionary War. And you're not just defending that, you're calling it a win. Sad. That's the sort of "winning" you expect from Noles.

I yearn for the day where we have a competent and intelligent President again.

P.S. He's also conflating events from the War of 1812 and the Revolutionary War (on top of the airport gaffe). You can add that icing to the we have an ignorant President cake.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    no matter what Trump does, someone will always find fault.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    the hatred by the libs knows no bounds

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    The definition of TDS.

13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    One helluva crowd on the Mall to hear a great concert
    Capitol Hill Fourth of July celebration dwarfs Trump’s Lincoln Memorial crowd size

By the way, it was a great concert. It's probably also available in its entirety on the PBS website. Much more entertaining and just as patriotic in its own way as Trump's speech.

I have to admit that I did like the flyovers of the military aircraft. Much more enjoyable than Trump's speech, which was probably one of his top three.

• Like Like x 2
  14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The love of Trump's followers for the Donald knows no bounds and it's not just this admittedly ridiculous argument over crowd size. Trump's supporters have excused the Donald's cozying up to brutal dictators while weakening long-standing alliances, in effect abdicating America's role since World War II as leader of the Free World; have excused Trump's policy of family separation and brutal treatment of detained child immigrants; they have backed his rants demeaning the institution of a free press critical to a liberal (in the philosophical not political sense) democracy; and have echoed his attacks on his own intelligence agencies.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Legend

Nov 19, 2016
    This coming from someone who made Obama hate threads almost every day for 8 straight years:emoji_laughing: Pubs are the original sufferers of presidential derangement syndrome.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    If Trump did things well, people might stop finding fault. But when he says ignorant things, yeah, he's going to get criticized. That's how it works when you're President. If he does something good for the country, I will give him props. I did so when he signed The First Step Act, and I would have done so had he helped get an infrastructure bill passed. But if you can't understand why people find "fault" in the President having such an infantile understanding of history, I don't know what to say to you.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Someone should have caught the mistakes. The speech was written for him. I was disappointed that the event was not more focused on freedom and the ideas behind the Declaration. But, that would have defeated the purpose of a rally designed to appeal for the votes of soldiers, sailors and airmen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    What a great 4th of July! I didn’t pay any attention to DC as my home was filled with friends, family, food, fireworks, and freedom.

If Trump spent any time trying to be uniting his re-election would be a cakewalk. As it is, he really just wants to entertain. This was apparently one of the few times he put that aside. Didn’t watch just picking up second hand.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. dynogator

dynogator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Just like Trump himself, you've made it all about him. Why even bother with the parade, the concert, and the fireworks, when Trump can command a crowd that size by merely reading (poorly) off a teleprompter?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    IMHO ..... Bill has done no such thing. It’s the largely leftie MSM (MesSed up Media), anti-Trumpsters and TDS sufferers who’ve made it all about Trump.

Hell, just consider who posted the thread ..... hardly g8orbill or an anti-anti-Trumpster.

• Winner Winner x 1