Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen likely to cooperate as his attorneys leave case, sources say

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Jun 13, 2018.

1. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen likely to cooperate as his attorneys leave case, sources say

As attorneys for Michael Cohen rush to meet Judge Kimba Wood’s Friday deadline to complete a privilege review of over 3.7 million documents seized in the April 9 raids of Cohen’s New York properties and law office, a source representing this matter has disclosed to ABC News that the law firm handling the case for Cohen is not expected to represent him going forward.

To date, Cohen has been represented by Stephen Ryan and Todd Harrison of the Washington and New York firm, McDermott, Will & Emery LLP.

No replacement counsel has been identified as of this time.

Cohen, now with no legal representation, is likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors in New York, sources said. This development, which is believed to be imminent, will likely hit the White House, family members, staffers and counsels hard.

[​IMG]

----------------------------

Another joke headline most likely just like all the Kushner and Trump Banks accounts to be subpoened headlines previously.

The probable reality on this Cohen stuff is they get him for some bank fraud or tax evasion type charge and he has nothing for them to use against Trump. He could also be possibly indicted for something related to that Taxi business guy he knows. That Taxi business related stuff may be the cooperation and the Trump stuff is joke spin for public consumption.

The WSJ gives a reason why his lawyers are likely stepping down and it isn't some big story supposedly.

I like the joke headlines coming out just prior to the IG release on the Clinton e-mail case however as the pattern has been with these things.

2. mdgator05

mdgator05 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 9, 2010
    Nervous? I'm not nervous, you're nervous! He doesn't know anything. And I know this because of the incredibly ethical nature of Donald Trump and his businesses.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. wgbgator

wgbgator Very Stable Genius Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Geo-hell
    Poor Sean Hannity, how's he going to get real estate advice?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    I don't see him having anything really useful against Trump or Mueller never gives up jurisdiction of the case so easily. I will laugh my butt off if they tried some joke connection with the Stormy Daniels payout and campaign stuff. I doubt even Mueller would be that stupid however. He is probably just hoping if Trump sat down with him he could claim Trump lied about something in his report to Congress.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cjgator76

cjgator76 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    "[A] source representing this matter ..."

??? What does that phrase mean?

6. wgbgator

wgbgator Very Stable Genius Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Geo-hell
    That's what they have to print because idiots like me will laugh at "a source representing the 'taint team.'" Taint team, haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    My guess would be some prosecutor in that district. The cooperation part they probably just made up themselves or are leaving out it means cooperation against that Taxi business friend of his and has nothing to do with Trump.

8. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Didn't Mueller give up jurisdiction because Rosenstein made him, as the Cohen finance stuff (some of which may or may not involve Trump) was too far afield of Mueller's scope? Don't think it was Mueller's call.

Either way, someone on TV last night (can't remember who, other than I think it was a former federal prosecutor) said that less than 1% of documents seized from Cohen had been tagged as "privileged" by the Court. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

9. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The worry for trump will be that everything he has done privately for 20 years becomes public. The bullying, payoffs etc.
    Of course given that his sycophants don’t care about anything he does, it likely won’t hurt his base. He could walk up to many of them and spit in their face, and they would say thanks for the water.

• Like Like x 1
  10. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    Rosenstein has had no problem letting Mueller go outside of his original scope with Manafort.

11. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Trump's worst nightmare.

12. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Because you know about all the crimes Cohen is being investigated for, and the facts of those crimes?

Do you know what is really sick about the times we live in: Defenders of Trump think that bank fraud and tax crimes are small matters. Well, they are not. Nominee bank loans to hide the purpose of loans are serious matters.

This guy is absolutely corrupt. He was selling his access and influence and if he committed crimes to try to hide this, then he belongs in jail.

Everything about criminals like this is a joke to you. There is nothing funny about Michael Cohen.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Except, Mueller was within his scope as to Manafort. which is what Judge Berman ruled.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  14. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    lol A joke Obama activist appointment.

15. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Wrong. It’s unfortunate that you’ve fallen victim to Trumps narrative that anyone and anything that isn’t 100% supportive of him and his positions is because of some team uniform.

Your logic would lead one to conclude that neither our justice nor intelligence communities are ever trustworthy based on who was in Office when they showed up, meaning our democracy is over.

That about right?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    I wouldn't put it past Mueller and his crooks to drop another joke indictment in the morning just to deflect from the IG report. But of course it will have nothing to do with Russian collusion. He probably won't but it wouldn't surprise me after his tactics so far.

17. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I think you should be the one to start a thread on the IG report and do it tonight. The thread really belongs to you. Something like: "IG Report on Clinton E-mail Investigation 6-14-18." That way, I can push out the thought of starting it myself from the "small minded" portion of my brain.

What to Know About the DOJ Inspector General Report - The Atlantic

Yeomans predicted that Congress would likely be “all over this report to exploit its criticism of Comey.” But, he added, “what should never be lost in the responses is that Comey’s errors in handling the Clinton investigation all helped Trump.”

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018