Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Former Gators turning on CDM

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Matthanuf06, Oct 16, 2021.

1. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    Has he been given the starting reins yet? He led the offense to 4 straight TDs to tie the game. The OL didn’t protect him, which led to him making an ill advised throw the last possession.

Yes, he should have just taken the sack or threw it away, but I don’t blame him for that. The defense not being able to stop LSU led to AR pressing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. persuader

persuader GC Legend

Feb 2, 2015
    Florida
    Sorry, but you’re completely misrepresenting AR’s comments.
    Having said that, yes, If AR15 looks to be the better QB1 and isn’t the starter moving forward, especially 2022, then he’ll have plenty of other opportunities elsewhere and will be smart enough to capitalize on them.
    But, for now, I really believe everyone is misrepresenting Richardson’s statement tonight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. persuader

persuader GC Legend

Feb 2, 2015
    Florida
    Yep. AR15 can see the opportunity is at hand here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. insuragator

insuragator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    grantham is garbage

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Pasco08

Pasco08 GC Legend

Sep 5, 2013
    Dade City FL
    Team, Fanbase and former players all imploding……

7. gator10010

gator10010 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 23, 2008
    People that say the want Stoops should realize that Stoops has been at UK 8 years to finally get Kentucky to this season.....Florida fans don't have that kind of patience i.e. Dan Mullen.

8. insuragator

insuragator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    All you need to know about grantham is 2010 when he was with that garbage georgia. Chas Henry stuck it up his ass. he has no class and is an ass. needs rehab

9. gatorpjb

gatorpjb Junior

Jan 1, 2021
    Lithia, Florida
    Tommy,
    You know we agree most of the time, but (and you could smell that but a mile away) I’d say leading the team to four consecutive touchdowns, (I understand Emory was pivotal in one) is leading by almost anyone’s definition.
    The ball on the interception should not have been thrown, Richardson has to own that and learn from it, but it was undeniably (at least from my recliner, well actually I had left the recliner because I didn’t want to break it) that AR provided a spark that was missing before he took over.
    Both facets, offense and defense, played a role in that loss that is undeniably, but (again with the buts) it’s extremely hard not to place the majority of the blame on the defense, (read coaches) when you can’t stop an offense that basically ran one play ad infinitum the second half, and with great success every darn (there may be kids present) time.
    Kudos to LSU for finding a play that we couldn’t stop, but Grantham and the defensive coaches bear a lion’s share of that boondoggle.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. gatorsforevr

gatorsforevr GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Here's another one...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    That’s what U took from that tweet? Damn son

12. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Well that original response about potentially transferring wasn’t good. That tweet was damage control. Obviously I don’t want him to transfer. I want to see him grow as a leader and take responsibility for the things he can control.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SuperMOM

SuperMOM All American

Jan 31, 2016
    I agree with Perine.

LSU is throwing body after body out there at CB and Florida is making them look like all Americans.

Davis is the last person that should comment. He was one of the DBs that flew solo last year, doing what he wanted rather than playing the coaches scheme.

14. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Can Spikes show TG how to stop that run?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

If you compare the two QB's stats, they are similar in only one category: they each threw 2 picks. In all other categories, AR clearly out played Jones--it wasn't even close.

Jones has been in the system for four years, and has gotten most of the playing time this season. AR has gotten limited game experience, and is a redshirt freshman. It's not surprising that HE threw two picks; what's surprising is that Jones did. But Jones has done that all season. The offense was so much more productive with AR it isn't funny. It's obvious who the better QB is.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. DomiGator

DomiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Someone only look at the stats, not the film, again. Does this team get better? Does this team have serious prolems since the beginning that has been simply ignored by the HC? Has the HC done everything in his power to better the team? That's the problem, not the stats by itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Yea I was not happy last night. Just got unhappier when AR was hinting at transferring and the players blaming the coaching scheme. I hope we can keep it together instead of imploding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. novagator

novagator Senior

Jun 20, 2014

Completely agree. Not only is Sabin willing to adapt he’s willing to change, even after winning championships.

19. novagator

novagator Senior

Jun 20, 2014
    It took Stoops 8 years because he has 2 and 3 star players. The talent gap between KY and Florida is astronomical. The talent gap between Florida and Georgia, due in large part to CDM’s inability to recruit, is also astronomical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Beat me to it. Not even close to apples to apples