Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Former Ga QB and announcer H. Mason said

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by shane4three, Nov 1, 2020.

1. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Dawgs have been throttled by Bama since Kirby arrived. IMO, a Florida Bama matchup will be much more appealing to all (assuming Florida can win out). I see no advantage for the league in an outcome where the the Dawgs beat a depleted Florida team and have to face a Bama team again in the SEC championship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We won't know what punishment the refs will receive, they will receive punishment, as the SEC is private in their punishment of refs. However, both the ref who was responsible for watching out for the QB and was right there to see the hit and the crew in Birmingham should be punished for not calling in a review of the play whether a flag was thrown or not.

Had the same hit been put on Mac Jones, you can damn well know the call would have been made. So long as the SEC refs office is in Birmingham, nobody outside of bama will get consistently fair treatment from the officials.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    It was his comments about Mullen talking trash. All this coming from a UGA QB. Come on Man

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Got it. So you’re fine with the rest of the comments?

5. G8rmann

G8rmann Premium Member

Feb 20, 2014
    I wish brawl didn't happen because key suspensions will hurt our chances against wayward pups. Don't care if Gator haters use this as their excuse to hate Florida. Sports hate is a measure of success. Hoping for the best from the SEC offices. Don't care if Mullen gets fined. Loved his Darth Vader Halloween locker room dance. Announcer was unlistenable when droning on to defend obviously incorrect call on incomplete pass or to be an apologist for Grantham's third and long defense. Jaquez Green is a much better comparison for Toney that Percy Harvin who was a high speed freight train.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. chargator

chargator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm amazed that the narrative has been so much about FLA. Mizzou was chippy the entire first half, and with no consequences. I kept waiting for the officials to get a handle on things BEFORE something got out-of-hand. They didn't.

Mizzou was way more in a position of instigating, we were in the unpopular position of responding....and we did.

Now, we're being painted as the bad guys, and our coach is some out of control gang leader. I'm glad he stood up for his player and his team. Mizzou was way over the line.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  7. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Mason also said Florida was the best in the East and the best threat to Bama. So credit where due.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. ofmgator

ofmgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Mullen is a players coach and although he sometimes goes off at the officials it's generally because they deserve it. It was a cheap shot on Trask and was never recognized by the officials who in my mind caused the whole thing. When are officials penalized for bad calls? The answer is NEVER!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. FatherGoat

FatherGoat GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    I was thinking...yea. He is talking about me. (・∀・)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Agree with your violence comment but sometimes passion trumps logic in sports and war.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. chargator

chargator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    It is the job of the Officials to protect all players on the field. They failed miserably on multiple occasions in the first half.

If the Officials fail to do their jobs, it is the coach's job, to make them aware they missed some things & they need to do a better job. If they continue to fail, as they did last night, a coach has to continue to press the issue. That is the position Coach was in last night. Some might not like HOW he did it, but his players liked he did SOMETHING to voice/show his displease.

You can't let anyone try and hurt your players.....period. He should never have been put in that position. The Officials weren't doing their jobs....to busy making bad calls/ missing calls.... then over explaining them on the mic.

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Agree 100%. One of the most knowledgeable and reasonable rival posters we have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Seems like I saw a couple of Gators on crutches after our game last night. I think Trey Dean was one of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

Your post is ridiculous, and innaccurate. The chaos on the field had already begun before Mullen ran out on the field, an when he did, it was to help control the situation. Amazing that I have seen this video over and over and every single time the actual fighting didn't start until Missouri's #90 ran into middle of the chaos and starting assaulting every Gator he could punch. He was the primary reason why the fights broke out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No... If the refs had just done their freaking job, on that obvious late hit on our QB, then none of that would have happened...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

All I'll say is that UGA better hope this game isn't close at half time, because any suspended players will be back to play the second half.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The series of events:

1) Late hit
    2) Everyone started leaving the field.
    3) The officials, who were on the field, went towards their exit, but had a head start
    4) Dan rushes over to the officials to discuss the last play. They head towards Dan.
    5) This brought his players with him
    6) The Missouri coaching staff stopped leaving and went back to see what was going on
    7) This brought their players with them
    8) The players start jawing with each other and they start fighting
    9) Dan is now in a heated argument with not only the officials, but the Missouri head coach.
    10) Everyone rushes to stop the fight

Media: "Dan started the fight"
    Opposing fans: "Dan started the fight"

That conclusion is based on the fact that Dan was not leaving. The interpretation is wrong as he was clearly going to talk to the officials for missing the call.

Had this been the 2nd-to-last play in the half, Dan would have been screaming at the officials and no one would say he was starting a fight. They would say he was not happy with the late hit. Every coach screams at officials.

Anyone who thinks he went to the officials to "start a fight" does not understand what starting a fight looks like. They are just trolling.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    On crutches but none were in a trauma unit last night. LeCounte will be lucky to play another game for Georgia.

I do remember seeing Dean go off the field and it didn't look good. Whoever replaced him looked very good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Gray,

me too, praying the league office is not overzealous and tries to make a statement. Carter for a half maybe but really feeling like they need to make sure their statement is more about officials not making an easy call that would have never let any of this happen.

• Agree Agree x 1