Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Former Ga QB and announcer H. Mason said

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by shane4three, Nov 1, 2020.

1. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Something about Mullen running out on field talking trash and not helping but how all of this would help Georgia. Former Georgia QB saying these things. Did anyone hear this? I was shocked at how he (Mason reacted) and by his comments.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    That was just one of many moronic things said by that crew. It really was worthy of muting. There was really no insight to be provided by them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    Anyone who thinks Hutson Mason has any sort of homer leaning to his commentary clearly doesn’t listen to anything he regularly says.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  4. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Last night he sure got “chipper” all of a sudden and really went hard at Mullen. His “ this will help Georgia” comment was way out of line.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. ugahairydawgs

Apr 9, 2007
    I know this will be incredibly unpopular here, but if anyone deserves to get ripped for the situation it is Dan Mullen. The play in question was a cheap shot, no doubt. But everyone was going to their respective corners when he went out there and re-incited the whole thing. The actual “brawl” itself came from his actions.

He’s the coach, he’s the authority figure. He should be setting a better example. He shouldn’t be suspended, but they should fine the hell out of him.

• Disagree Bacon! x 29
    • Dislike x 4
    • Come On Man x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  6. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Semper Fi Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    He went out to show his displeasure at the no call roughing the passer. The half was over and there is no rule that you must go to your respective corner. The actual brawl came because the refs didn't make a necessary call.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Never have liked you and this is a perfect example why. Why don’t you get the hell off this board and do something useful - like post on your own shitty message board.

EDIT: Where were you when your asshole coach scripted a pre-planned unsportsmanlike demonstration in the end zone in Jax? You’re a damn hypocrite and lost any shred of credibility with that bullshit post.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Winner x 13
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 8
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Wish I would have said that x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  8. gulfgator

gulfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gulf of Mexico
    Mulle
    Mullen let his passion get the best of him... and this is coming from a guy who get's yelled at by his wife and others for cussing like a sailor and flying off the handle during ANY Gator game for the slightest miscue.

Violence is never the answer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. sHiNeR2

sHiNeR2 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    I personally thought Mullen was wrong. Yell at the refs, but he was jawwing with the Mizzou D-Coordinator, and just making the matter worse. Not his first time (Vandy 2 years ago).

I'm certainly not saying he should be fired or even disciplined, but he did make the situation worse.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Here’s the problem. The SEC will jam Florida on this one no doubt.
    Fine Mullen Is probably realistic but where is the accountability for the officials?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Fine Mullen and that’s ok with all of us. Trust me on this one a fine will only make his players know he stands up for them. Recruits won’t miss his fire for his guys.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. jaxg8r

jaxg8r VIP Member

Jan 21, 2008
    First off, who the hell is Hutson Mason? And more importantly, why would any self-respecting parent name their son Hutson? If it's a family name, make it his middle name.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Hall of Fame

Mar 17, 2019
    I know lot of people here think what CDM did was low class. Here's where I came from. I will chastise, yell, spank my own kids, but if anybody else lay a hand on them, gloves are off. There will be hell to pay. I know CDM could have handled it better. But it was a very emotional game and he thought everything was going against him. I agree with you that future recruits will see it as a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  14. ugahairydawgs

Apr 9, 2007
    Your guess is as good as mine. They have literally cost teams games this season and nothing of significance seems to be done about any of their screw ups.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. FatherGoat

FatherGoat GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Dan didn't charge into a riot talking shit. He was headed for the incompetent head of officials to insure he was of sound mind. The actions that led to ejections occurred after Missouri staff and player charged into the pile near Dan.

Coach had some interesting comments after the game on the field. He is definitely pushing back on the fan base for being critical of his team. It takes a special person to be the coach here. So glad we have him. Go Gators.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Count me as one that likes having @ugahairydawgs on here. His post actually matches some of what I thought when watching the replay.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. bike1014

bike1014 GC Legend

Jan 9, 2010
    You guys are really sensitive.

He went on to explain that it'll help UGA because players would be ejected and miss next weeks game. He also said Mizz plays UGA next, and having players ejected would also help UGA.

Within the context of missing players, yes, we're one more level depleted (no one knows who'll be back next week, at this point) for UGA.

Of course, he left out how players love when coaches and teammates have their back. Of course, he left out how UGA danced on their opening touchdown years ago, etc, etc.

Now, he's really bad at his job, but you all conveniently left out the context of his comments - which he explained many times.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2012
    Yeah but....

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    If you want to lay with dogs, you can go outside too.

• Funny x 7
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  20. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Hmmmm,
    Former UGA QB talking (actually said this) about Mullen talking trash! Mullen was clearly upset about a late hit and bad no call. Went straight to referees. Why wouldn’t our Radar go up when a UGA guys says this. Unprofessional for anyone to say it. How did he know what Dan said?

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1