Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

? for those who were NO on Clinton and NO in Trump

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by philobeddoe, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Wrong again... and this has nothing top do with you.

2. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    It's a public forum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    until enough do it to get the third party federal funds

4. squigator

squigator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I didn't support Trump in the primaries but as far as I was concerned he was the only option in the general. And I must say I've been pleasantly surprised by the results.

• Like Like x 1
  5. philobeddoe

philobeddoe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I guess my question was not as clear as it could have been.

I was wondering .... for the people who didn't/don't like Trump or Clinton .... whom would you support for PotUS? It doesn't have to be a candidate that was on the ballot in 2016 .... but anyone. I guess the question holds for everyone ... regardless of the candidate for whom you voted in 2016 .... who would you like to have as PotUS, now?

I've not yet arrived at a choice but would really like to look closely at Condoleeza Rice. Or, Brian Sandoval.

6. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    John Huntsman
    He is someone I could support. I don't agree on all his positions but he appears to be statesman not a politician. He was a governor and when asked served as an ambassador to china even when the president wasn't from his party.
    Jon Huntsman Jr. - Wikipedia.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. studegator

studegator Sophomore

Feb 24, 2008
    This was really a "stinky" election cycle.
    Trumph was a known con man who could not get any banks in the US to loan him money so he had to go elseware.
    Not releasing his tax info was anothet minus for me. Just another con job in a long history of cons. His cabinet deffinantly a reflection of him, most are clueless.

Hillary was the wrong candidate at the wrong time. Way too much controversy even tho I've come to believe most of the stuff was made up and pushed as truths. The Vince Foster death/alligations was a prime example.
    The efforts made by the Democrat party heads to ordain her as "the one" really pissed me off.

Yes, I think Bernie would have made a fine president and would have given some balance.

When trumph has moved on, our kids and grandkids will have to fix a big mess or we (the USA) will just be another Greece.

8. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Obviously I answered based on how I voted in the election cycle.

I am not really tuned in to future possibilities right now, but will think about it.

I think I could support Rice but would want to know how tied in she is the PNAC group (Cheney, Rummy, Wolfie, et al). If she is independent of them I'd seriously consider her. She's smart, has great experience, should have connections to help build a strong team, and she thinks before she opens her mouth.

Sandoval is a Buckeye. I'd have to hold my nose pulling the lever on that one. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    I understand he's not a viable candidate, and would not run again, and would lose badly if he indeed ran again, but I'm fully convinced Mitt Romney would have been the best POTUS since Reagan. And one of the best of all time. Which we sorely need with the demographic and financial challenges that are facing us.

Business experience, Executive experience, bi-partisan experience, volunteer experience, no personal drama (like Clinton), not a smidge of corruption, big heart, strong conscience, great values.

It's such an indictment of our electorate that we rejected him for a man who had never accomplished anything before being elected in 08. Because why? Romney said something dumb with his guard down, while exhausted, at a campaign dinner. OH- and a dead dog, or something. How ridiculous. What a wasted opportunity.

So this is how we got Trump. Because we focus on the dumbest things imaginable while ignoring the vast qualifications of a great man who wasn't a natural campaigner.

So you asked- that's my answer.

In terms of viable candidates right now- not really sure.
    But Kasich would be great. Condi would be a home run, I think, too.

From my home state of SC- Nikki Haley, perhaps.
    I think she is preparing to run one day. Having said that, I'm not a raving fan of hers.

• Like Like x 1