Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

? for those who were NO on Clinton and NO in Trump

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by philobeddoe, Jun 13, 2018.

1. philobeddoe

philobeddoe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    For whom would you vote for POTUS and why?

Just curios as to who you think would be a good Pres.

I voted for the Donald as I was significantly more anti-Clinton than pro Trump and decide Johnson was not a real option. Good or bad, I did not want the Clinton machine appointing any judges or making any foreign policy decisions after Libya.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    I voted for Johnson the past 2 elections. I have no party loyalty. The side I agree with will vary from issue to issue and at times I do not agree with either side. We need better candidates and more choice.

3. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Unfortunately, the way our elections are designed, voting third party is akin to a vote for the person you REALLY don't want in as POTUS.

There are legitimately 2 people who are going to win.

If we could rank our choices, a third party would most likely win as that third party choice would almost always be everyone's SECOND choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    For Pub nomination I voted Kasich. I thought we needed the leadership on fiscal responsibility and track record working across the aisle. If he had won the Pub nomination, I'd have voted for him in the general.

For general, I voted for Johnson on policy positions, but was sorely disappointed in his live interview responses.

For Dems I preferred Sanders by far over HRC, and if he had won the Dem nomination, I would have considered voting for him in the general, as being a superior option to Trump in terms of character, temperament and commitment to the American people... even if I don't agree with him on a number of policy positions. Pub control of congress would have balanced out Sanders wrt policy issues.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    I voted for Johnson, despised the other 2 candidates as badly as each other. Both were vomitus.

Knew Johnson would only get a small % of the vote, especially after his Aleppo screw up, but hoped that enough people would pull his lever out of dissatisfaction and make it easier for a 3d party to get real funding in the future and included in the debates.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Both were vomitus. (DJT and HRC)

Worth repeating.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    I voted for Tebow because he's Tebow! My vote probably wouldn't have mattered either way anyway because it was pretty unlikely Trump was going to lose in Georgia despite all the purple talk. And if he did, it likely wouldn't have mattered anyway as that would have been part of a larger national rejection of Trump. I just fear that we will have more elections like this in the future where there are vast ideological differences in the candidates, like a Cruz-Warren election. The president has generally been someone that can govern from the middle as they represent the whole country. Over the longer term that's going to be damaging to the country.

• Like Like x 2
  8. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    IMO, people view voting incorrectly.

1. you have a better chance of winning the lottery than of having your vote mattering. I live in a swing state & my odds are 1 in 10,000,0000. That's really good. However, my vote will never matter. Given that, IMO, your 2 best options are don't vote or vote for who you want regardless of their chances of winning. I usually do the former, but when I vote I vote for who I want to win. (I've never voted for a D or R, so I've left a lot of local & state etc. votes blank)

2. Can your vote matter in other ways/why vote at all? If your vote will never determine an election does it matter? I say, voting can provide information & information can affect policy. For example.

If say Ds & Rs are usually really tight say 48% vs. 48% with 4% voting for the Docspor party. The Ds & Rs are gonna be REAL interested in those Docspor voters positions.

I don't think that a party has to win to have an impact.

So, don't vote or vote for who you really want.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I voted Trump because I knew he's shake-up the crusty big government fools that run the cesspool in DC. And I believe that I was the first one here to publicly endorse him on this forum too.

He's exactly what I voted for, and we have the added win of getting Hillary from ruining our country even further than Obama did. :);):D

Also, a vote for Trump was a slap in the face of the too left-leaning RINOs that have taken over the Tea Party.... save Cruz.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. gatorev12

gatorev12 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 27, 2009
    That's exactly what I did too--and for identical reasons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Johnson. Just like the prior election.

Frankly, this time I would have voted Kasich in the general if he’d made it due to Johnson’s increased eccentricity but my vote was a statement vote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Perhaps you missed the thread title.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, I couldn't help rubbing it in... :eek::D;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Voted for DJT as a 'Hail Mary' option.

He got the pass off, and it's in the air, and headed for the EZ...

Hopefully it gets caught...then TD!!!

USA WINS AGAIN!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. 96Gatorcise

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    I do and yet they are still insulting to the board. Better to let the board know who its directed at instead of painting with a broad brush.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Not sure who was first, but I know I was one of the first, and not out of blind love for DJT or what he stood for, but mostly defensive posting, defending the utterly inexplicably vitriolic attacks on the guy.

I know I came off as one of the top "MAGA" posters, when all I was doing, was defending countless, relentless attacks.

...but I've followed him on Twitter for years, watched his shows, and generally appreciated his celebrity persona, and business rep. and accomplishments in business, bank'ys notwithstanding.

If anything, I appreciated his resilience all the more, in light of his failures.

TBL, the more things crystallized, the clearer he stood out as the remedy to the Establishment ailment of which we suffered--and the relentlessly vitriolic attacks, were the greatest of the crystallizing agents.

jmho/fwiw.

• Like Like x 2
  17. cjgator76

cjgator76 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Same here.

It was my first time ever not voting for a major party nominee for POTUS. The two major candidates in 2016 were so bad that the "lesser of evils" rationale didn't cut it for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Still not getting the difference I see. Well then just point that insult out next time and we shall see. Okay?

But for now, AND FOREVER, it will never be the same thing as a personal insult.

19. 96Gatorcise

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    @Gatorrick22 why take it so personally? I put a big grinning face at the end......:D

20. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I had been following his news conferences, if you can call it formal or not, but when he said he was running I posted that I think he will win and that I was voting for him. Needless to say that even our most conservative friends here laughed at my choice and that he would even be the Pub out of 16 others to win the Republican Nominations for POTUS.

At any rate, it doesn't matter that you or I were the true first ones to post it. All I know is that even Bill laughed at me for my choice and prediction. :D

• Like Like x 1