Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

For fun ~ your choice for least favorite actress

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by lacuna, Mar 10, 2020.

1. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    List your least favorites for whatever reason you have - hair color, dislike of role, acting ability or lack thereof. I'll start with a few that annoy me.

MaryMcConnell for her wooden delivery in most of her roles. Most especially for her role as chief in the now cancelled "Major Crimes."

Emily Deschanel for her annoyingly halting delivery in "Bones."

Ali McGraw, again, for woodenness and the sameness and one dimensional portrayals of her characters in whatever role she appeared.

Angie Harmon in Rizzoli and Isles. I disliked the show, most likely because of the attitude or demeanor of the Rizzoli ( Harmon ) character and the show's background music annoyed me.

2. g8rtrucker

g8rtrucker VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Meryl Streep--yes she has amazing chameleon-like abilities, but she just turns me off.

Julia Roberts--while it seems everyone says she is extremely attractive, her mouth that goes from ear to ear is off putting to me.

Sarah Jessica Parker--horse face, enough said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Sandra Bullock
    Reese Witherspoon
    Renee Zellweger

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. defensewinschampionships

Sep 16, 2018
    Emily Deschanel always came across as mildly autistic - which her character may have been. She worked for me in that role but the wife, like you, can’t stand her

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

OK.....Here's just a few of the absolute worst.....

Brooke Shields...Beginning at that "Mommy pushed me into it" too early role, and never grew much from there...
    Madonna...What was she, or any self-respecting movie producer thinking?? :eek:
    Paris Hilton....'Nuff said
    Sandra Locke....Any Which Way but in front of the camera....
    Lindsay Lohan....Another 'Nuff said

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Sean Young - went to see "A Kiss Before Dying" (w Matt Damon) during undergrad. We were a bit high, but the movie was SO bad that we just kept laughing throughout. It was actually fun because it was so bad.

Now on the other hand, her kiss scene with Harrison Ford in Bladerunner was awesome.

7. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    I agree about her character exhibiting indications of autism. At least as I would imagine it. Her portrayal of an autistic person would never match that of Dustin Hoffman in his portrayal of the 'Rainman.' "K Mart sucks."

On a TV show the halting uneven patterns of speech are annoying to me. Trucker watches reruns and a while back he played a few episodes from what he said was the show's first season. Dr. Brennan talked normally in those early episodes with the annoying cadences appearing later during or after the 2nd season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. tcmba

tcmba Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jane Fonda - no one else is close.

• Winner Winner x 6
  9. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Dustin Hoffman was fantastic in that movie....although, I much preferred his "Bing! Wheel---Of---Fortune....Win fantastic prizes!"

10. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Fran Drescher
    Michelle Rodriguez
    Kristen Stewart
    Katherine Heigl

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Melissa McCarthy. In anything. Just find her not funny and annoying in everything she's in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. defensewinschampionships

Sep 16, 2018
    Hoffman’s portrayal is scary good. I’ve taught plenty of kids on the spectrum - Hoffman’s title character may be the best performance by an actor of all time

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Swamplizard

Swamplizard VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Rebel Wilson
    Kristen Stewart
    Jane Fonda
    Amy Schumer
    Angelina Jolie

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. g8rtrucker

g8rtrucker VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I knew I was leaving someone off my list. Sandra Locke is abysmal. The primary reason she was even on the screen was because she was Clint Eastwood's live-in squeeze for many years.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. g8rtrucker

g8rtrucker VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Reviewing these posts I realize there are far more rotten actresses than I originally named. I agree with virtually every name mentioned so far.

16. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa
    Certainly you don't include Barbarella do you? :devil:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Carol Channing,
    Viola Davis,
    anyone on Sex in the City.

18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I suspect that your rating is based much more on her off screen antics 50 years ago than her acting ability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Agree about Julia Roberts, I’ve never seen what the big deal is with her. Also Sandra Bernhard. She is one of the ugliest women I’ve ever seen and, more importantly, she has an air of superiority that just drives me crazy.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  20. g8rtrucker

g8rtrucker VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sandra Bernhard--when she was born, instead of a slap on the butt to get her going they hit her severely in the face with an ugly stick. Looking like that one wonders where the air of superiority comes from. She has a face for radio and a voice for print.:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1