Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Football Transfer Portal Thread

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by The_RH_Factor, May 14, 2019.

1. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Legend

Nov 30, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    CB who wants to play S now.
    A position of need for us.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Legend

Aug 11, 2010
    I like what Perine said in that a lot of the players entering the portal didn’t think college football was going to be so difficult.

How many of ours were recruited by Mullen?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2014
    6 Mile Creek, Florida
    Haven’t clicked the link yet, but it seems reasonable to expect some players and recruits to bail at LSU in the face of impending potential sanctions

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

NCAA going back and forth between arbitrary decisions and "how is this going to look?" approach. No other rhyme or reason.

Really out of control at this point.The one thing for certain will be that favored schools will get favorable results.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

The NCAA has to come up with some standard on waivers. This is ridiculous. Tater Tot and Fields transfer with no issues, but not this kid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

I've been saying this for months....

The transfer portal is a total joke!
    Immediate waivers granted with no explanation, and other players who have a true reason are forced to sit one.

Plus.. just take a look at the ridiculous number of players who have entered the portal!
    Before it was created, that was totally unheard of!

It's a complete travesty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. gatortenor37

gatortenor37 GC Legend

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    Yes, this is the result of pandora's proverbial box being opened. I don't see how the NCAA won't be sued over setting a precedent and then back tracking less than half a year later.

10. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The difference is osu didn't want Tater and actually petitioned the NCAA to let him transfer without penalty.

osu actually wants Baldwin.

I think the NCAA is correct with their decisions in both these cases. If the player's original school doesn't want him anymore, he should be allowed to transfer without penalty. But if the school does want him, there needs to be some restriction on the transfer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    Graduates from D2 schools should be involved in the enforcement and transfer process for D1 and vice versa. That way there is no influence from people that are affiliated with any D1 schools. Also, Steve Shaw should step down and all SEC officials should have no affiliation with SEC schools. The corruption in college sports needs to come to an end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    All players get one free transfer prior to graduation, anything after that has to sit out a year no matter the reason. Easy peasy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tafc_5_1981

tafc_5_1981 All American

Dec 15, 2013
    SC
    Former Clemson RB Tavien Feaster will transfer to in-state rival USCe for the 2019 season. Feaster will graduate Clemson this month so eligibility is not an issue. I think Feaster was frustrated he could not beat out Travis Etienne as starter. It is a good pick up for USCe, but Feaster will likely lose more games in 2019 than he did in three seasons at Clemson (two NCs, 41 wins and only 3 losses 2016-18). He claims he wants to up his NFL draft stock, but he won't get the press the high profile QB transfers (Fields, Hurts, and Bryant) will get.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • Informative Informative x 3
  15. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Legend

Dec 12, 2008
    Could hurt them a bit on the field because he could have pushed the upperclassmen DE who had not been great last year. I feel a lot better about our DE position in quality and depth with Zuniga, Carter and Chatman. However, in losing two 5 stars and another top 50 TE from the class, they still have 5 5 stars and 5 other top 100 players from 2018. That is a lot of talent that will be starting to emerge this year. In contrast we only had 3 top 100 players, though it is hard for me to believe that Dean, Pierce, Pitts, Krull and Burney were not top 100 players by what they have already shown on the field (we got a lot more young guys involved than they did, which does not surprise me why their was grumbling in their locker room). The only player that got thrown to the wolves from the 2018 class for Georgia was Tyson Campbell, and he had similar to worse results as Dean at CB.

16. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. NitroSmoke

NitroSmoke GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I guess homesick is now an extenuating circumstance. Ridiculous.

18. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I'm ok with that but not sure transferring before you even set foot on the field should be an option as in the case with Steele and McCoy

19. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Cox should use the same petition as Fields. Exposed to racist chants from fans in stadium, Racist comments form UGA baseball players, and Racist songs from UGA fraternity members. Did not feel comfortable or safe as a black person on their campus

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1