Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Football is over, its Racing season

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by Speedofsand, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Speedofsand

Speedofsand VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    My dad & I went to the Streamline Hotel yesterday. Bobby & Donnie Allison, Red Farmer, & several more legends were there. My dad & Bobby both had very critical head injuries back in the day and have a hard time with memory. Red is still sharp as a tack, he's been racing 72 years and still going strong. We saw a few other friends too, always great to meet up when they visit Daytona.

For #TBT and Valentine's Day, this is PL Newman, winner of SCCA Runoffs at Road Atlanta in 1976.
    The photo is funny because that is Paul's wife Joanne Woodward on the left as the trophy girl kisses him.

[​IMG]

2. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Wallace triumph could be winner for NASCAR
    DAYTONA BEACH — In a perfect world, here are the top three names NASCAR would love to see win today’s Daytona 500:
    Bubba Wallace.
    Bubba Wallace.
    And Bubba Wallace.
    Memo to Bubba: Your sport needs you terribly.
    Not just because of the color of your skin but because of the colorfulness of your personality. Because of your humor and your sarcasm and your cockiness and your candidness.
    “We need characters,” veteran Cup driver Jamie McMurray said. “We need Bubba.”
    More than ever.
    Wallace triumph could be winner for NASCAR

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Revved up for Racing
    sentinel special section

Fan favorites Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon and Danica Patrick all have retired, but that simply adds more intrigue to this year’s Daytona 500. NASCAR’s Super Bowl could serve as a coming-out party for the sport’s next star. Las Vegas oddsmakers favor those starting near the front — William Byron, Alex Bowman, Kevin Harvick and defending season champ Joey Logano. But don’t count out Jimmie Johnson, who is fired up after going winless in Cup races in ’18.
    REVVED UP FOR RACING

4. Speedofsand

Speedofsand VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  5. Speedofsand

Speedofsand VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    St Pete BARREL ROLL

Tomorrow I go to Sebring for the WEC 1000 and the IMSA 12 Hours of Sebring
    :emoji_trophy:

6. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I'm heading down Friday. Couldn't take Thursday off. I look forward to the Hynundai teams :)

7. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Gatornationals, coming up. Things are about to get loud in NE Alachua County.

• Like Like x 1