Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Flynn - Kislyak Transcripts

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8rnbft, May 29, 2020.

1. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Legend

Feb 6, 2020
    Sure you do just as most Trump hating liberals think it’s a meaningful crime. Trump hating liberals are just so far out of touch with the rest of America. Truly sad.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    No he hasn't. Flynn is a nutcase. He never should have been appointed by Trump in the first place. That he was out of the administration in less than a month proves the point.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Poll: Two-thirds say Flynn guilty plea in Trump-Russia probe is a ‘serious matter’

Hmm, seems like my position that felonies are significant is more in line with public opinion than your opinion that some felonies aren't just because...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. mutz87

mutz87 #glassofwatergate VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    So much for personal responsibility, eh? Pubs have abandoned that value like rats on sinking ship...as the saying goes.

He lied. He pled. His choice to do both. He wasn't some powerless everyday joe getting screwed over. But keep excusing away.

And by the way, the prosecution of Flynn came under Trump's watch.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    If Flynn was doing exactly what was expected of an incoming NSA ...... why lie about it? Multiple times? Even to guys supposedly on his team?

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2014
    We all suspected. Now we know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. pkaib01

pkaib01 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I'll defer to our legal experts here but if you did it and admitted to it, you just might be guilty. If you did it but didn't get busted, doesn't mean you didn't do it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2014
    Also, if the issue is that lying to the FBI truly isn't significant, the solution isn't to give a break to the president's friends . . . and only the president's friends. It's to create reforms that apply across the board.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    First, it is still questionable that he did lie about to the FBI. As to the Pence issue, Lake lays out a best argument in the podcast. It starts at about the 27 minute mark. It's easier to listen that than for me to type out.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    It is exactly the right question to be asking. The fact you will not answer it is hurting your argument. Unless you are willing to actually answer the question, I won't "get over it." I'd be saying the same thing if this had happened to Susan Rice in '08.

The FBI needs a predict to question you about something and any falsehoods have to be material. Neither happened in this case. That is unless, you think based on the transcripts, Flynn was a willing, active agent of the Russian government.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    If that is the case, and I'm not conceding it is, why plead guilty to it. Twice. Flynn must have thought it was a lie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Legend

Feb 6, 2020
    Surely you jest. Come on you’re much smarter than that. You have to be joking.

14. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Flynn was $6M in debt at that point and the FBI was threatening to go after his son as well. Flynn was essentially broke and he wanted the pain to end and probably told his lawyer to get the best deal they could. This is pretty common as 98% criminal convictions come from plea bargains.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Legend

Feb 6, 2020
    Lol, A poll by politico? Come on are you serious? How do you know that that is even remotely accurate? You don’t and it’s a joke just like so many of the opinions concerning the seriousness of Flynn’s “crimes”. You can’t keep it up. I guess it must make you feel good to continue this meaningless discourse.

16. mutz87

mutz87 #glassofwatergate VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    It's pretty simple. Flynn lied to the FBI. There's no escaping this. He also lied to Pence and was fired for it. He also pled guilty, having high powered attorneys representing him. In other words, this wasn't big bad government railroading him, this was a powerful political actor who effed up and was being held to account. The effort to undo this is to not hold him accountable for his choices.

It's also fact that Mueller is a pub and was appointed by Rosenstein, another pub and was Trump's appointee to the #2 position at DOJ.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Legend

Feb 6, 2020
    Seriously???? You actually believe the stttuuuufffff you’re typing??????

18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Okay, you made a claim that, and I am quoting you here:

My evidence to support that you were wrong: A poll showing that Americans considered it a serious issue. Beyond that, felonies are generally considered, by the legal system, to be serious crimes.

Your evidence to back your statement: Empty set.

Let me know if you add any evidence to back your claims. As of yet, you have none.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Was he that far in debt when he had the phonecall?

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    You would think all of that money he accepted from Turkey to lobby for them without telling anybody would have paid for a nice defense. I guess crime didn't pay...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1