Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Flynn - Kislyak Transcripts

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8rnbft, May 29, 2020.

1. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    And anyone who thinks that having a conversation like this and then lying to the incoming Vice President about a conversation like this recorded conversation is something that should not be investigated by the FBI, or that someone in Flynn’s position should not be investigated because of his background, is a fool. Flynn had to be investigated precisely because he was to become, and was, the DNI. It is someone like Flynn who should be investigated because of his position. Because that is the person who cannot be in a position to be compromised. He managed to take $500,000 from Turkey and wrote and op ed supporting the return of a cleric to Turkey. When he wrote the op ed, he never disclosed the money Turkey paid him. Flynn was bought and could be bought. And he was incompetent when he ran DIA. And he lied to Pence before the FBI interviewed him, which you never seem to mention when you post your talking points.

2. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Lawfare is part of the resistance crowd and have gone all in on the Flynn is guilty no matter what. Once again, the question is whether or not there are any questions about whether Flynn was a willing, active agent of the Russian government after reading those transcripts. If the answer is no, the FBI should not have interviewed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Remember that all of the Flynn craziness started with David Ignatius article in the Washington Post, and it is assumed an Obama admin official leaked Flynn's name and that he had been talking to the Russian Ambassador to Ignatius. If that leak never happens, this is a non-issue.

4. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    So what. Flynn could have told the truth to Pence and that would have been that.

5. pkaib01

pkaib01 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Weak ad hominem attack. Bye.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Ben Wittes was famous on twitter during the Mueller Investigation for firing off a cannon fire and quote "Boom" when any supposed bombshell came out.

Do you think Flynn was a willing, active Russian agent after reading the transcripts?

7. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I spoke too soon. It looks like Lawfare is weakening on their position as they had Eli Lake on to discuss why Flynn case should have been dropped. It is worse a listen.

The Lawfare Podcast: Eli Lake Makes the Case for Flynn

Lake does a great job of laying out his case. This happened before the transcripts came out. I hope they bring him back now that we have the transcripts.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    All American transition administrations do this... Nothing to see... Trump was already elected, and Flynn was working with that administration to relax tensions between the Russian and our country.

I'll bet this is about the Uranium One deal and not what is being purported.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    So many fricken excuses for a guy that fricken lied to the FBI and the vice president of the united states.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    They guy would not have lied to anyone if the Obama staffers had not leaked Flynn's name to the Washington Post and the FBI had not ignored the fact they did not have a valid predict for the interview and violated protocols to conduct it. Ask yourself how you would feel if the Bush Admin did that to Susan Rice.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. mutz87

mutz87 #glassofwatergate VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Yup. As if he was some little babe in the woods.

12. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Would John Kerry meeting with Iranian government officials about the nuclear deal in 2018 fall under the Logan Act? I read your link and didn't see many violations. It seems to me that these types of conversations are more common than not. I'm referring to the underlying conversations between the Russians and Flynn, not Flynn's interactions with the VP and FBI.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. altalias

altalias GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2008
    Moderators this posters literally called me and others on this thread fools. Why hasn't he been put in time out for his childishness?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Wrong again. If he had permission from the incoming administration to discuss this with Kislyak there was no reason to lie to Pence. He lied because he knew it was wrong.

15. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    No. Because Kerry didn’t negotiate foreign policy in his meetings with them at conferences. Read the elements of the Logan Act I posted today either this thread or the other thread. That is in contrast with Flynn’s conversation.
    Kerry responds to Trump accusation he violated Logan Act: 'Another presidential lie'

16. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I didn’t call anyone here a fool. I referred to people espousing a position as fools, and directed my response to a poster who said that people expressing a view contrary to his should not be taken seriously.

17. mutz87

mutz87 #glassofwatergate VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    You're letting those bastards get you down! :D

18. pkaib01

pkaib01 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And ironically targeted the comment to @altalias! :D

19. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Since we are not lawyers, we are deemed unworthy of being involved in this discussion. Don't worry though, USMCNole appears to be holding up well in this argument, so stand back and cheer him on. Don't really like cheering on Nole's, but will make an exception on this one.

20. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    If you lie to the fbi and the vp and get caught I don’t care how you got caught. He didn’t have to lie. No one put a gun to his head

stop making dumb excuses

• Winner Winner x 1