Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida's affiliation with Jumpman/Nike

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by TheGator, Sep 5, 2018.

1. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Sounds communist. For the good of the people.... LoL
    Comrade Rick...:D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Since when are you against using regulations? Lol...

3. 96Gatorcise

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Well since I actually believe in smaller govt no matter which party is in charge. And I believe in freedom above safety and security. Is there a place for regulations sure but not when they stifle ones voice to engage in discussion/issues of the day. We are not a country of automatons.

4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    In case you haven't noticed yet. Your Party is listing far far to the Left. That means we had better prepare for the great struggle coming up ahead.

5. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008

6. wgbgator

wgbgator Very Stable Genius Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Geo-hell
    I love your idea Rick, you can get your win in that Nike cant put Kaepernick in an ad, and since 'political speech' is banned from publically traded companies now, they cant give money to conservative politicians to give them their desired regulatory outcome or run anti-union campaigns, deny global warming or promote/lobby any of their other hideous corporate policies either. Next we should protect the speech of all employees too, and essentially end at will employment. This would all be fantastic.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. 96Gatorcise

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    T
    There is the problem you think I belong to a party. I can assure you I have no allegiance to either party. You lump in with the other side because I disagree with your party. When I believe both parties do not understand freedom.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Yeah, people seem to do that a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida
  10. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I think I'm going to go buy a new Gator's hat. Normally I seem to end up with New Era caps, but this year I'm thinking Nike will get my money. That's the thing the trump crowd doesn't understand. Nike is not worried about your business, you don't buy enough Nike products and there are other people who will offset you because they like what Nike is doing.

Trump's base is not their primary market, not by a long shot. Refusing to buy your annual T-shirt, cutting the logo off an inexpensive pair of socks, or burning the pair of Nike shoes you got from Marshalls two years ago isn't going to phase Nike, because for every person like that, there's a person like me. And even if there wasn't, it wouldn't matter, because I'm an old white guy too and I'm not their primary market either.

Nike is most powerful apparel company in the world. It's not like they weren't aware what was going to happen when they announced Kaepernick's involvement. There's a reason Nike did this even though they knew it would be controversial. And there's a reason Florida announced the Jumpman partnership just this December too. They aren't trying to reach the trump crowd. They aren't even trying to reach me, but I'm still going to buy this hat.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  11. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL

Junior? Is that you?? Tell Lulu I said "hey"!

12. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    It's not just Nike's market, but a big part of their marketing plan is signing the most popular and most talented athletes. By signing Kap, Nike has the support of the young, urban crowd, where many of tomorrow's athletic stars will be coming from. These kids will want to wear Nike, which means going to Nike schools like Florida, and then eventually signing with Nike when they go pro. And the masses? We have short memories, and when the next Gator star has a break-out performance, people will buy his/her jersey, and then they will buy the pro jersey when he/she goes pro a few years later.

• Agree Agree x 1