Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida's 13 seditionists

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, Jan 12, 2021.

1. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    One orange man supporter in Tx yesterday said that if he has been lied to about the election, and it was not stolen, he would never vote again. One less crazy at the polls. Question is, how do they see the light??

2. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    I'm guessing you are white. Any idea why over 80% of black voters chose Biden over Trump and also over 80% say Trump is racist? Are they stupid, sheep, misguided? Tell us why they cannot see what this white comedian so clearly sees? Hell, half of all Americans think trump is racist and only 1 in 3 thinks he is not racist. Half of Americans think Trump is racist and additional 13 percent are unsure: poll

Observation on the video. The 'comedian" mocks chris wallace for asking trump multiple times about supporting racist groups, acting as if Wallace is 'getting off' on the questions, as if question racism is a fetish, and putting on hand sanitizer at the end saying "ewwww".... This guy is mocking someone being concerned about an affiliation with Nazis? The comedian is not concerned about Nazis, but about reporters asking questions about Nazis and white supremicists? Yeah, convincing video.....?

3. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Legend

Jan 4, 2008
    I didn't realize I was defending Trump because there is no defense for his actions. I was merely posting something in defense of Congress men and women that objected to the certification of a couple states that there was definitely some actions taken pre November 3rd that are questionable on the constitutionality. We can disagree whether they were or not constitutional but you can't say it doesn't deserve some debate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No there weren't. It should not be a close call. And I know Kavanaugh and Gorsuch did their winks on the shadow docket about the Legislature issue but that was a frivolous argument. And it caused damage.

And the objections to certification on that basis were also frivolous. Even if those issues were valid, which they were not, that would provide no valid basis to object under federal law once the slates were certified.

There really is NO valid defense of them

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    IMO it's not a question of them seeing the light. Florida's "13 seditionists," like most of the insurrectionists who attacked the Capitol, can't really believe the Big Lie about the election being stolen. They know that Trump is a liar, they know the courts including the Supreme Court dismissed the BS presented to them without evidence of massive fraud, and they know that Trump's own sycophantic AG said that he saw no evidence of such fraud. The 13 seditionists did what they did out of cowardly fear, the fear that they would be voted out of office by crossing Trump. And the mob that attacked the Capitol did it because they love Trump for appealing to their white grievances, their racism, the waning of white power in America, which of course is a no-no to white supremacists. To them, "Make America Great Again" means "Make America White Again." The Big Lie, the "Stop the Steal," is just the excuse they needed to try to overthrow the government and keep America white. I'm sure that most of them no more believe in the Big Lie than they believe in Santa Claus. But they love Trump because he's one of them, or at least talks, dog whistles like it, and his Big Lie and incendiary January 6th speech is all that these terrorists needed to go on the rampage. As for the millions who voted for Trump, I'm sure most of them did so because they liked his policies. I'm sure most of them don't believe that the election was stolen. It's the terrorists we have to worry about, and all the current calls for "unity" instead of impeaching Trump is BS. We don't negotiate with terrorists, do we?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Just like your opinion pal.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. gators8

gators8 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 1, 2007
    And yours.....not your pal.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Read the article. Kept looking for a comparison to what's been going on with Trump the last two months and culminating in the January 6 insurrection. I'll be damned if I can find any. Yes, I did find some apparently boorish behavior by some Democrats in 2016, but it takes an awfully weak mind to compare it to Trump's behavior.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Speedofsand

Speedofsand GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    BLM is a terrorist organization. Susan Rosenberg. A Convicted Terrorist Sits On Board Of Charity Handling Black Lives Matter Fundraising |

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    How can one reasonably be upset or mislead by the election?

11. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    What the heck are your points here? Can't you coherently address the issues at hand?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Um, 62 courts heard the debate, and 61 declared Trump the loser. Stop reaching for straws and own your bias.

13. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Bravo! Very well said!!!

14. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Then there is this:

[​IMG]

16. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    Were you too lazy to read the link you cited or are you just lying? The person cited, in 1980, for being part of a group tied to bombings was not part of blm but an organization related to an organization that had raised funds for blm, which disconnected from that organization as soon as the link was known. If you are a republican, since republicans got money from an organization with one person tied to the nazi party, that makes the republican party a Nazi party, right? Wonder if BLM called the person tied to the bombing organization "good people"? No, they completely disassociated. I have seen some pathetic posts on this board but yours takes the cake.

I want to follow up on my earlier post addressing the ignorant comedian you linked, since you were incapable to address facts and just threw another firebomb. Riddle me this - only 1 in 3 Americans thinks Trump is NOT a racist (over half of all Americans and over 80% of black people thinking he is a racist). Interestingly, Trump's rabid base is lily white and comprises about 1 in 3 Americans. I wonder if there is any overlap of rabid trumpeters wearing "Camp Auschwitz" signs, carrying the stars and bars, and saying "there is no institutional racism in America"?

"Trump is not racist but Biden is, and BLM is a terrorist organization"??? Going to be interesting if folks come out of the echo chamber and join the real world.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

One can be upset because they were mislead into believing it was stolen.
    I never said "reasonably", and many folks are misled on topics of all sorts every day.
    Some folks are just not that dialed in to political matters and take things on face value.
    It is the danger of having an agenda/ratings/money based media.

I know good people that genuinely believe the election was not on the up and up.
    Those same people are also against any form of violence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    It is not “reasonable” for any sentient being to believe the election was stolen or not on the up and up was my point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    Just as it is the danger of ignorance and lack of critical thinking skills

20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Well you are not the arbiter of all things, but nonetheless that means nothing to the point.
    The point is that someone can both believe that the election was corrupt and NOT condone any acts of violence.
    They are not one and the same.