Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida's 13 seditionists

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, Jan 12, 2021.

1. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    heroes for what? Abdicating their constitutional obligation to kneel for a demagogue?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WestCoastGator

WestCoastGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    The large number of right wing nut jobs in this Country and in the State of FL provide plenty of material!

3. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    That's rich, man! Those 13 are most certainly not patriots. They may be good spouses and parents, be loyal friends and fun to be around, and so on, but at their core, they are unprincipled sycophants. No patriot participates in any endeavor which questions the validity of or seeks to overturn a valid and certified election.

• Winner Winner x 4
  4. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    We pay attention and keep an open mind. When it stares us in the face, we call it out. I know that's utterly foreign to you, but you asked.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    far, far away in a place called reality. It’s open to the general public if you’d like to try it out

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. avgator2000

avgator2000 Senior

Feb 2, 2019
    Oswego, NY
    Remember when Colin Kap was vilified for kneeling during the national anthem. Let’s fast forward to the human trash can that beat the cop with an AMERICAN FLAG!! It’s interesting that the same politicians who vilified Kap are mum on the human trash can. [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Kind of like the "patriots" and "heroes" who fought in the insurrection against the legitimate government of the United States during the period from April 12, 1861 through May 9, 1865.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  8. G8R92

G8R92 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 5, 2010
    Got the same thing. I wrote mine to Senators Scott and Rubio as well as Representative Posey as a lifelong R, expressing my disdain for their actions as well as their ongoing embrace of Trump. No response from the Rubio and Posey camps. Scott is disputing 10,000 votes that Trump's SCOTUS ruled should be counted and furthermore, they had no bearing in Pennsylvania's outcome. Way to stand on principle Scott. Good luck with your new position of Chair of the Republican Senate Campaign Committee as the money dries up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Legend

Jan 4, 2008
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. boligator

boligator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    From the website "leagl insurection"...is that you Q????

11. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    In my "message" before I got the email, I told him I hope he enjoys his retirement. Think he will be voted out when his time comes? I'm not optimistic the Fl voters will kick him to the curb where he belongs, but he has won by the slimmest of margins so we will see.

12. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    How many Democratic members of the House and Senate voted to overturn the 2016 certified results, and how many of those thousands of voters who sent emails to elected officials asking them to do so then organized online and violently stormed the US Capitol with guns, bombs, nooses and zip ties chanting “hang” the Vice President among other things during a riot while Congress was in session in which 5 people died immediately after being egged on to do so by the losing candidate and his minions?

I’ll wait here for your response.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Well, they did carry the same flag...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. sas1988

sas1988 Senior

Nov 16, 2016
    Denver
    Something tells me you will be waiting a very long time.
    Whataboutism does not apply here.

15. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  16. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

One can certainly be upset or even misled about the election and still not condone violence.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The Inigo Montoya listing, or words that don't mean what many that use them think they mean. Here's two. There are likely more:

1) Patriot
    2) Christian

18. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    How many Democrats enraged a crowd and pointed it towards congress? Hmmmmm

As many asshats as the Dems have, Donnie trumps them all combined

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. Speedofsand

Speedofsand GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

20. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    The violence was just the end game of the last four years in which Trump and his followers (they are not Republicans) have attacked every cherished institution in America, from our judiciary, to elections, to our very capital. It is bad enough when Republicans or Democrats demonize all on "the other side", but they demonized all that is not Trump. The leaders threatened election officials, lied repeatedly to incite mobs and for political gain (or TV eyes in the media), and filed literally dozens of frivolous law suits and then attacked the judicial branch when they all get thrown out (repeat of their attacks on our intelligence community in previous investigations).

I agree with you for the average joe - they were upset and misled - and those who turned to violence are the bigger problem. However, the leadership/media that created this mob enragement and lied should not be forgiven just b/c they did not personally storm the capital. As Mitt Romney and many Republicans pointed out, those 'leaders' are clearly "complicit" in the violence and sedition and have threatened our Democracy. It is NOT ok to yell fire in a crowded theatre and that is what these folks did.