Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida traffic law

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by MichiGator2002, Jul 11, 2018.

1. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    Good idea - he could also get one from the DMV to see what it shows. If it isn't showing there they would only know about it probably if they checked the clerk of court website if that clerk site shows traffic stuff like many of them do now.

2. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    I went to my local DMV and they looked up my record- it was clean as a whistle

• Like Like x 1
  3. BigCroc

BigCroc Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Section 318.14(9), Florida Statutes provides that any person who does not hold a commercial driver's license and is cited for noncriminal infraction (with a few exceptions) may, in lieu of a court appearance elect to attend an approved basic driver improvement course. The statute further provides that if you do so "adjudication of guilt must be withheld and points...may not be assessed."

A person can only take advantage of the election once every 12 months and no more than 5 times ever.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

In NC driving school often dismisses the ticket. I think most states do this.
    North Carolina Defensive Driving

I took driving school in Florida years ago...and I believe it was the same.

If its not on your record you are likely clear.

5. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

Most states have two driving records available. Certified and uncertified. My company employs donation drivers. We require the certified record because we have found the cheaper, uncertified record can contain errors.

Insurance companies require the certified copy to insure our drivers.

6. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Just put it on the application. It wasn't recent and just verifies that you are normal.