Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida to add Arky and Tamu to schedule (Official. OP was 1 for 2)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by twodaparty, Jul 29, 2020.

1. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    What BS. And the poodles add Arkansas and Miss St.

With expanded SEC schedule. This is all but a done deal. The one year the leg humpers we’re going to have a schedule equal to or possibly even harder than ours goes out the window.

F that. Stricklin better speak up.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. swamp tang

swamp tang Freshman

Oct 13, 2017
    On the flip side though, this could be a HUUUUUGE opportunity as well. Time to turn that corner in a big way. Gotta beat the best to be the best!!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Context? When do we play these two?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, sounds about right. The good 'ol SEC office so always expect the short end of the stick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  6. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This season.

“That’s obviously a tough slate for teams like Florida, which would have to add games against Alabama and Texas A&M.”

7. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    Having Bama and Tamu added to our schedule sucks for sure, especially since gd georgia adds lowly Arky and MSU.

Personally, I do NOT see anyway the SEC can start football this fall. It would be crazy stupid to even attempt to. Can you imagine UF having 21 sick kids in quarantine during Vandy week? Or even more ridiculous, Bama having 13 kids in quarantine during poodle week? I don't think the SEC would approve such a likely sh!tty scenario.

Hopefully, the SEC will have a come-to-Jesus meeting in the next 2 weeks to announce a possible full season to start early next year when we have some sort of vaccination against the ol' Rona monster.
    IMHO

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. gatorcloud

gatorcloud VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's on the internet. It must be true.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. BurkeGator

BurkeGator Sophomore

Aug 28, 2015
    I noted that the ACC factored in "competitive balance" when coming up with their 10 game conference schedule. Given that I doubt we (UF) agree to adding both Bama and TAMU for a 10 game SEC schedule for obvious reasons and because I have way too much time on my hands today I did the SEC's work for them and came up with the following updated schedule that is simple to implement and will not require moving around dates on existing SEC games:

UF - TAMU (19 Sep) & ARK (24 Oct)
    ALA - VU (26 Sep) & MU (31 Oct)
    ARK - UF (24 Oct) & USC (31 Oct)
    AUB - USC (26 Sep) & VU (24 Oct)
    UGA - LSU (12 Sep) & MSU (26 Sep)
    UK -LSU (19 Sep) & OM (31 Oct)
    LSU - UGA (12 Sep) & UK (19 Sep)
    OM - TENN (12 Sep) & UK (31 Oct)
    MSU - UGA (26 Sep) & TENN (21 Nov)
    MU - TAMU (10 Oct) & ALA (31 Oct)
    USC - AUB (26 Sep) & ARK (31 Oct)
    TENN - OM (12 Sep) & MSU (21 Nov)
    TAMU - UF (19 Sep) & MU (10 Oct)
    VU - ALA (26 Sep) & AUB (24 Oct)

Of course Vandy and Mizzou get hammered with this arrangement but does it really matter as neither team is expected to compete for the top echelon of SEC play? Each school would get a home and away with the 2 added SEC games. Seems to work and does not screw with the dates of existing SEC games. Therefore, it will never happen as I am sure the SEC power brokers are not really interested in my input anyway;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    This is about the most amazingly stupid idea I've ever heard of. Let's address the pandemic by cancelling the cupcakes like Eastern Washington and FSU, and instead set up an even MORE brutal made for TV schedule adding Alabama and A&M to Florida's schedule? This has to be a joke.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    The SEC will do the 10 plus 1 model to match the ACC. That’ll keep our FSU game alive

I also believe we will go divisionless, like the ACC. So it’s more of a race to the top 2 than a battle vs UGA.

That being said I’m sure they’ll take competitive balance into the equation.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  12. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I feel like they are trying to use this as a sneaky way to do schedule expansion in the future or something. Get a 10 game conference schedule on paper and TV$$$, and how do you go back? It's like they are negotiating future TV contracts here instead of addressing the situation at hand.

Unfortunately unlike the NFL, the players don't get any input - and the scheduling suggested here (predictably giving us a brutal schedule, and UGA a walk) is pretty much corruption.

That being said, this is just "internet rumor" so I'm taking it with a grain of salt as far as the specifics of the games. But the ACC definitely seems to be going this 10+1 direction. I view this all as madness.

13. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. recongator

recongator All American

Nov 26, 2017
    F them, we ain’t skeered. Bama and Tamu are the ones best be putting on the brown pants

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  15. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Your right but will Stricklin allow this or go along with it?? Hopefully we will speak up. Foley would absolutely have went along with this because he wouldn’t want to upset anyone at the league office.
    Getting ready to see if Stricklin will stand strong. Btw this is absolutely not equal balance wise. Honestly better off picking out of a hat than “assigning”Florida the two toughest teams possible they could have drawn ( remember we already have LSU in schedule).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    let’s hope your schedule is what we go with. I can’t see anybody officially linked to Florida agreeing to what Dellenger put out as no way we should have Bama added while UGA gets MSU and Arkansas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Sounds like it will come down to how much clout Stricklin can muster in the 'discussions'. Ultimately they'll probably just 13-1 the situation and move on the way they wish.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Senior

Oct 17, 2011
    I just don't see us adding Bama since they come to Gainesville next season.

19. chunks1

chunks1 All American

Jan 2, 2014
    It is good to know that covid cant be transmitted in conference play.

• Funny x 7
    • Wish I would have said that x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
  20. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]