Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida Republican Legislators Try to Convince Immigrants to Stay

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorJMDZ, Jun 7, 2023.

1. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I recently texted my neighbor asking whether Jesus was coming back around soon. When she responded, "I wish He was," I knew she'd confused me with another contact and didn't know I was talking about the Mexican yard guy named Jesus that she introduced me to. I had a reasonable chuckle.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not ONE damn word from you when your produce costs get jacked up, not a single word.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Lol, shut your damn mouth. I would rather pay more now and fix the problem . so we can lower our expanses that were shelling out now dealing with all of them

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Another example of what happens when dear leader has his minions rubber stamp his proposed bills. No one looked into any of the consequences and didn't sound as if any committee took public comment or held any hearings as to the operation of this law before passing committees. Time for these legislators to start doing their jobs and NOT pass anything and everything that the governor wants!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The problem is that they made it illegal for immigrants who can work under US immigration laws to work and for anyone to even drive them in a car. And invalidated their drivers licenses. All illegal under the supremacy and full faith and credit clauses. But all we get are posters who make statements a out enforcing law. From people who don’t have any understanding of what the law is. Who scream about the constitution these people crap all over. Let’s be clear: DeSantis doesn’t give a rats ass about Florida anymore. It is all a little his career and his right wing supporters advancing their careers by passing chum for their bigoted base.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He'll blame Biden

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Of course he will....and I will remind of this....and he'll still blame Biden.....because that's just how they are.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Biden is so powerful he controls the price of fruits and vegetables. They better be nice to Joe or they may find their fruit salad unaffordable one day.

9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    or you have to wait at the restaurant because the busboy and cook just left, or your yard bill went up because they can't find anyone to cut it, or your roof can't get fixed, or the roads can't get built, or the room at the hotel isn't clean....I can keep going