Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida principal spanks kid on video

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, May 5, 2021.

1. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Update...

NewWith No Known Cause, Mom of Girl Paddled by Florida Principal Is Investigated for Neglect

Hmmm... now authorities have decided to investigate the mom. Says they pulled the other kids she cares for out of class and asked if the mom abuses them at home, to which they said “no”. The investigators appear to be questioning why the mom didn’t step in to stop the beating. I wonder if stand out ground applies to protecting your kids from getting beaten.

2. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

I’m here! You never got a seat?

3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

That is laughable to think what a bunch of twats we have making these calls .

4. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Kids are friggin brats ! They need to have discipline. They need physical discipline! You gotta make it count! All u need is one good session and the child will generally get the idea. But if you coddle and enable , what will the child’s behavior move to next.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Then you are love my latest update that hasn’t posted yet because it’s a yah-who link. Child protective services is apparently investigating the mother for not stepping in to stop the beating. Had it been me, I’d probably be in jail and the principal might have had been walking funny with a paddle stuck up her butt.

6. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

So what do we do. Do u have any idea what is going on in our public schools? Not just inner city but well heeled community public schools?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

It was 3 swats !!! Come on WDG. Kid gets his tail lit up and it’s over .. just move on..

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I probably should have emphasized more that I largely agreed with you. It's my (sometimes bad) habit of pointing out some things that might seem picayune to others. I call it a pitfall of my particular profession and discipline :)

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  9. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Being? ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    In 4th grade (1962 a buddy of mine wrote a nasty note to a girl we both liked and used the damn f word and signed my name to it. I got drugged into the principals office by my teacher. I kept telling them I didn’t write the note that Charles Peterson (God rest his soul) wrote the note. I vehemently objected and finally asked the principal to call my dad who was only a few minutes away. Fortunately he did and my dad came to the school. What pisses me off looking back was how the teacher kept egging him on to whip my ass. I was a pretty bad kid so I think she wanted revenge. It was at Citrus Park Elementary School. Mr. Cole the principal was a big fat slob that liked to beat up kids. (At least that’s what the other kids told me) fortunately I had never lied to my dad (was too afraid to) and he trusted me even at that age. My dad walks into the office, asks what happened, looked at the note, and asked me if I wrote it. I told him no. He throws the note onto the principals desk and says “ my son didn’t write this note and you’re not spanking him. Mr Cole asks my dad how he knew. He tells him “my son doesn’t lie to me. Mr Cole tells my dad he thinks I did and he will decide if I get spanked. My dad, a fairly large intimidating man leans over the principals desk and tells Mr Cole,,, You touch my son and I’ll kick your ass!, Turns around and walks out of the office and leaves. So
    I’m sitting there wondering what the hell is going to happen? He calls in my teacher and asks her to bring a sample of Charles Peterson’s handwriting. Charles Peterson’s hand writing matches the note. He eventually confessed. That’s when I realized he tried to make the same girl we liked hate me so he could have her all to himself. To make a long story short, she doesn’t like Charles Peterson any more and dumps me a week later for a kid named David Weakly. WTH!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    The weight of a substantial amount of research on corporal punishment shows that it is not only ineffective but can produce long lasting negative effects for children, in particular children with developmental disorders such as ADHD.

One of those negative effects is to create a situation where parents and adult authorities can exacerbate the behavioral problems in children, ensuring that their teen years are plagued with delinquency and persistent anti-social behavior.

Not hitting a child is neither *coddling* or *enabling* I think people need to reject this binary type thinking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. RIP

RIP Election Prediction Savant Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    touche

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Give me the answer how the schools are going to get control . Walk in a jr high classroom in May and tell me how you are going to handle a kids just berating a teacher, or destroying school property or any other million things they feel like doing.
    What counsel them , ? time them out ? Unless you are in the schools you don’t really know

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I was ALWAYS more afraid of dad than anyone at school.

• Like Like x 1
  15. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I’ve never had discipline problems in my classroom in 39 years of teaching. No paddle needed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    You and me both. The worst was when he would give me "the look" when I screwed up (which was not very often).

17. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Stink eye?

• Like Like x 1
  18. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    One of my favorite stories ever: "In publix and turn down an aisle to see a woman with her 4 year old son yanked up by one arm and wailing away on his butt with the other hand screaming "We Do Not Hit People". Just couldn't help but burst out laughing.

I never spanked my kids because there are so many more effective ways to educate them, but I reserve the right to discipline my kids physically. I don't think I'd let some government employee (or other non-family/friend) do it. If a good buddy popped my son, I'd sure hear why.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    In junior high the dean said "Do you want 1/4 speed, 1/2 speed, or full speed" with the paddle. Of course I said 1/4 speed. He said "Good, you know your fractions" and proceeded to smack the tar out of me. Not sure it taught me more than "Don't get caught" but I was getting hit for fighting so WTF.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Put it like this, if corporal punishment is ineffective and often makes matters worse, then why use it?

Intense counseling is a must. Reconsideration of how authority figures, i.e. parents, teachers, school administrators, coaches, police, treat juvenile delinquent behavior has long been a topic of reforms precisely because we adults often make matters worse by failing to deal well with the underlying causes of bad behavior.

• Like Like x 1