Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Florida principal spanks kid on video

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, May 5, 2021.

1. Agator88

Agator88 GC Legend

Oct 7, 2014
    I went through elementary school in the 90s and paddling was still a thing. Teacher went and grabbed the teacher next door as a witness and did it in the hallway. They were still a thing when I graduated high school.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Hall of Fame

May 30, 2007
    I got detention, in school detention, Saturday school, and paddling. I would chose paddling. Quick an your done. In my case it was not effective, but I was a little high strung. Many more spankings at home and being grounded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

4. officelife

officelife Sophomore

Aug 11, 2017
    Hmm...50 dollars... So the kid broke the keyboard...

5. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The story said the mom brought $50 to the school and paid for it, as well.

6. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    I got had my share of “swats” in high school ...which I thought was silly. And even more silly now.

My father took a belt to me when I was younger, a handful of times ...and he never once did it while angry. I started out spanking my kids but sensed at some point I was doing it out of anger and frustration, then stopped. Never did it again. I don’t have a problem with other parents doing it if they can keep their emotions in check and stay within parameters. As far as schools ...it’s outdated and needs to go away.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Paddling was not permitted in the midwestern schools I attended '70s - '80s. I moved to Naples in '83 and was shocked to learn that kids got paddled in school. I don't remember when or if it became prohibited in Collier County, but am certain kids during my HS years were paddled.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  8. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

She lit his ass up !! Love it and thx God there is some discipline. Bet that little issue won’t come up again with this student or any others

• Like Like x 1
  9. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    It was a she.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Really?? I was a HS Admin and I lit some ass! Generally parents said Mr Wingtee just put the paddle on him and send him back to class. There was some instances that momma said don’t paddle! Ok 2 days in ISS . Most kids are fine with the paddle.
    Myself I got my ass busted in Jr Hi . All it took was a couple times .

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Always always called parents

12. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Assault on a child for discipline?? What ?

13. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

I did too , didn’t consider that as an assault. I reflected on what a dumbass I was

14. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Amen Hall Amen !

15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

It’s a lot of work running your kids down to wear their ass out with the belt. Damn sure ain’t lazy

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. saltygator

saltygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    are your paddlers still among the living?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Oh we agree for the most part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Technically, any “unwanted touching” is battery. I can’t think of any logical reason why hitting a child with a wooden board isn’t battery, unless the law doesn’t apply to kids for some reason.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    With kids it often equals child abuse not battery. But then discipline kicks in

20. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Eh... the latest update says the Principal is placed on leave and the DA is considering charges against the Principal and the Assistant. It’s not the 70s anymore...