Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida needs to win against Auburn or Georgia

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Gator715, Sep 29, 2019.

1. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    I know UF has flaws, with the OL being the most glaring. And Saturday could very well end up being a disappointing game. But each of the next three opponents have some warts (UGA less than the others). IMHO, it comes down to what it does so many times: don't turn the ball over (and get off the field on 3rd down).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gatorchip

Gatorchip All American

Feb 3, 2010
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We've had 2 sketchy performances on the road.
    Auburn at home is our best chance for success.
    Missouri has our number and nothing is a given.
    Even losing S Carolina will be a dogfight for the ages.
    Beating Auburn will make our season a successful one.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    For the life of me I don't understand why people will concede a game before it's even played. What's fun in that? Are we Vanderbilt now all of a sudden? Last time I looked, UF is in the top ten. We line up 11 players against their 11. Just because the gators are not winning enough/pretty for some it doesn't mean they are not going to win the next game. The 2006 team won the natty without winning pretty. This gators team was actually blowing up some teams, albeit they are beating teams that are perceived to be weak. Nonetheless, it was still a blow out.

• Like Like x 3
  5. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Agree.
    And don’t forget Half Ass U. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    Glad we are getting some studs back for these remaining games and hopefully no other major issues with anyone else getting hurt. Love the fact that Trask and Pitts are connecting.... Copeland was fed some nice plays and is getting hungry for more, Grimes, Hammond, Jefferson, Cleveland are all looking good. Pierce was chugging hard on his break away td and it looked GREAT! Was so happy to see a UF RB doing that again. Emory is waiting to be unleashed..... Not trying to start a QB controversy as I like Trask starting but Emory can do multiple things at certain times.
    Defense has to be wrapping up, no body crashes and trying to just strip the ball ( turnovers will come with good tackles). Greenard is a beast! Z will help, and Shawn Davis seems to bring the heat on every play. love it! I think Coach Mullen will find ways for the O to move the ball. Grantham will create some heat. Really excited to see these guys play well. If you want a championship team, I think it boils down to what the late Al Davis used to preach,.... "Get to the Quarterback!" You Swamp Gas vets know I use that a lot. :) Looking forward to this gauntlet in October, these gators will grow up fast or will they be held back? I'm wanting to see that learning focus and winning tradition take a good hold this month for future teams to look back on and say that's where it all changed.... For the better.
    GO GATORS!!!!

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. Score more points and you win.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    We definitely can't overlook South Carolina, especially in Columbia...

9. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Here's the thing...

If we win the next 3 games, which is definitely difficult but certainly possible... we probably win out...

I can see us winning any of those 3 games, it's all 3 that concerns me...

I still think LSU in Death Valley for a night game is probably our toughest game of the season in spite of the fact that Georgia is the better team...

10. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    If we beat Auburn, we most likely finish 10-2... maybe 9-3 if we lose one we shouldn't like a South Carolina or Missouri...

Which I think is a good year considering the holes we still have...

Recruit, Recruit, Recruit...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ArtDeco

ArtDeco GC Hall of Fame

Sep 26, 2011
    Detroit Rock City
    Too many newbies on here. We don't play for 9-3. We play to reach Atlanta.
    Beat Auburn OR LSU.
    Beat Georgia.
    It's literally that simple. We can do this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    I think we beat Auburn, lose to LSU and beat UGA.

The problem for us making sure we don’t trip up to SC, Mizzou or have FSU dash our playoff hopes.

In fact if we go into the SECCG with 1 loss I’d give us a solid chance at pulling that off as well. Underdog for sure but not a crazy one

We are underestimating our team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    We did still have Tebow in 09 though

14. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    And what about Leak and Prescott? Mullen knows what to do with the talent he has and gets the talent he wants was/is my point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    Not the point. We won with Leak at the helm. Sure it was nice to have him but we won WITH Leak when nobody else could.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. locomotion

locomotion Freshman

Oct 23, 2018
    @Gator715 In the thread title, you misspelled and

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    But Mullen was gone and it showed.

18. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    That’s my point.

• Like Like x 1
  19. wargunfan

wargunfan GC Hall of Fame

Jan 6, 2010
    Inside your head.
    We can lose to Auburn or LSU but not both and still control our destiny. If we can win either game we can go into JAX with the East championship on the line. Georgia is one game; anything can happen in one game on a neutral field. But to get there we have to beat either Auburn or LSU and hold serve against the rest of our SEC schedule.
    To me it comes down to whether our center, guards and tackles can step up to SEC level play. So far they have not played at that level. If they make the jump we win. If they continue to miss assignments and whiff on blocks we're in for a long day against the Tigers and a long night against those other Tigers from Red Stick.
    Hevesy has got to have a come to Jesus meeting with our Oline. If they don't play up to SEC level we might as well go into the depth chart and burn some red shirts.
    I'm not ready to give up on our starters but they have some things to prove this Saturday

• Like Like x 1
  20. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 All American

Dec 12, 2009
    Beating UGA is a must if we want to win the East. They aren't taking 2 losses in the SEC this year which is what we would need them to do if we dropped our game against them.

We have to beat one of Auburn or LSU for the East to still be in play. You can lose one of those as long as you beat UGA and take care of business against every one else. I'd say we have a better shot against Auburn at home than against LSU on their turf at night. This game and the UGA game define our season.

• Agree Agree x 2