Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida Man Guilty of Malicious Wounding in Downtown Charlottesville after "Unite The Right" Rally

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Feb 19, 2019.

1. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I guess he was afraid to face a jury, and now he faces 20 years in prison.

Florida Man Guilty of Malicious Wounding in Downtown Charlottesville

A fourth man has been found guilty of taking part in a violent beating inside a downtown Charlottesville parking garage.

Fifty-year-old Tyler Watkins Davis appeared in Charlottesville Circuit Court early Friday, February 8. The Florida man entered an Alford plea to malicious wounding, meaning he admits there is enough evidence to convict him of that charge.

The charge stems from the attack on DeAndre Harris inside the Market Street Parking Garage on August 12, 2017. Several other men - Daniel Patrick Borden, Jacob Scott Goodwin, and Alex Michael Ramos - have been found guilty in that violent incident.

2. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    If I understood it correctly Davis admits to being there and holding a bat(?) but he states it was not malicious. Well, WTH would he call it then?

3. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Florida Man is everywhere.

Hopefully this one dies a Virginia man (as in, in a Virginia penitentiary).

4. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Malice is intent to harm. Hard to prove, so he's gonna ride with that legal loophole.

I mean the photo only shows the blurry bat on its way to or returning from landing, perhaps he was trying to encourage the victim to move away from the OTHER two maniacs with clubs.

5. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    I'm a long way from an attorney but I have set on several juries and he would have a heck of a time convincing me he did not have malicious intent based on the picture and what the victim looked like a little later. Now, I'm not saying it couldn't be done because I always try to follow the directions of the court but still.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He's likely gonna get 10 or so years with no trial, and come out age 60, so I imagine the prosecutor saw a diminishing return pursuing it.

FTR, I completely agree with you and the outlandishness of a true no-malice claim.

• Like Like x 1
  7. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Legend

Nov 19, 2016
    Very informative. This is the kind of news you won’t find on Gateway Pundit or Breitbart.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    First post on article:

Ron Sheehy 11 days ago
    Defending yourself against a violent thug will get you jail time in Charlottesville