Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida Gators vs. #1 Georgia Bulldogs 10/29/2022 CBS 3:30

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Oct 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

We went on an 18-3 run in 1990. Georgia is now on a 8-4 run since 2011. We are not even in Georgia's league right now, and Tennessee and Kentucky have better programs than we do in the East. Napier has his work cut out for him to say the least.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You need glasses bud. He went for 4th down ON OUR DAMN SIDE OF THE 50. What the heck are you looking at? This is the Florida-Georgia game. The play I'm talking about occurred at the beginning of the 4th. With nearly the entire quater left, Napier decides to go for 4th and 6 on our 49. Georgia ends up scoring a TD, which ends any and all chances of coming back.

• Like Like x 5
  3. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Which one? Who has been the better coach? Bateman or Peterson? Are we getting more out of our ILbs or OLBs?

4. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    True. Either one works IMO

5. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    No YOU! No reason for our Gators to ever just show up. Seems as if a Gator scholarship is akin to nothing more than "I show up. I get a free ride.". The game has not had a focus here at Florida for years and it isn't about talent. Its about culture. Most of these "starred" players probably should find another cow to milk off because certainly shouldn't be at this university. Something about pride and energy has lacked for far too long.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Oh sorry. I forgot about all those FBS schools Napier successfully rebuilt.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I won't say you are wrong, just that every game has an outcome. Does he change what he has done this season the next time? We shall see.

And to the "big picture" it really isn't about what I think as it is about what I think/feel about this fan group. I see/feel we are too tired to give Napier a chance to "grow into the job." And that would be a damn shame.

I can not fathom a scenario where a "chance" opportunity did not include at least trying Kitna. He could have failed bad and that is fine, just that we did NOT try to see what he had.

Napier has some "plaining" to do. I do hope he passes the test.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Defense will be fine but we need major work in the gym big time to even be good enough for Georgia's scout team. You could easily see the difference in strength and speed on both sides of the line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Please use the "Post-game" thread for your comments rather than starting a new thread. We already know you are upset. Who isn't? But let's not go crazy with a bunch of new threads that could easily go in one thread - thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  10. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Nah. Showing heart is coachable
    Yeah. Lol... I pretty much rode the Mullen train off the cliff. I had to start a crow thread apologizing for how staunchly I said he would be back and it was crazy talk to think he would be fired.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.