Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida Gators recruiting

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by cubangator, Jul 9, 2020.

1. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Like a quality control, off the field coach

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    That is Bama quality support staff there. Having Grantham and Pasqualoni with their amazing history of sack artists on the same team is a dream.

• Like Like x 1
  3. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Lines up perfectly with the odds of everything else in this life...half chance

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. cubangator

cubangator All American

Jul 8, 2017
    There has been 29 positive Covid 19 text since the student athletes have returned to UF.

5. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    For all sports.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. cubangator

cubangator All American

Jul 8, 2017
    Probably, don't have that answer.

7. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Florida AD tested positive for virus, recovered

"As of this weekend, 238 tests had been done on athletes across all sports, with 29 positive test results. When athletes initially returned to campus, Florida did 188 tests with three positive results. The 26 positives came from 50 additional tests conducted after athletes showed symptoms or there was suspicion to test."

So, looks like athletes only, but, across all sports. Also, some athletes have been administered multiple tests, so, some of the positives could be duplicate for the same athlete.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  8. cubangator

cubangator All American

Jul 8, 2017
    I guess that Pasqualoni is coming in to replace Jamar Chaney who is leaving for Mississippi St

9. GolphinGator

GolphinGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    So how is UGA elite then? They had coaches that sucked and won nothing for over 30 years and all of a sudden in the last 3 years they are elite and have still not won a NC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. elijah_blue7

elijah_blue7 Senior

Aug 20, 2018
    Recruiting is the bloodline and foundation of any program that you want to have long term success, as you already know I'm sure.
    Kirby may make a boneheaded call on the field, but off the field, he just Gets It.
    On the field Mullen is elite imo and he gets it. Off the field, no way and truthfully it's not even close. Your lying to yourself if you disagree. Kirby has some straight Dogs on the recruiting trail, because he knows that what it takes. Mullen is still trying formulas to figure that out imo.
    I mean, I don't care if it's your best friend, you just don't let SEIDER walk for Knox I'm sorry but you know it's true. SEIDER would be cashing in on South Florida for the Gators. Kirby would NEVER let a coach and recruiter like Seider walk.....never

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. graylon

graylon Premium Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Same goes with Miami... we are in a struggle for the Palmetto kids and they havent been relevant since 03'... When I hear about facilities and us not being relevant as to why we dont get the top kids and I look at Miami getting kids we actually need and have playing time to offer that's on the staff...

Alabama doesn't have kids getting home sick and moving back to Miami. Alabama does a struggle in Miami. Georgia and LSU when they want somebody from South Florida they go get them...

We get the ones that have Visa issues, homesick, or issues qualifying. Just so baffling to me. That is clearly on the head man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. elijah_blue7

elijah_blue7 Senior

Aug 20, 2018
    You speak with common sense and Logic. Be careful, it may get termed as "hate speech" or "negative" lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    l
    I don't think it is a "hate speech" or being negative. I just think you guys are beating the dead horse. CDM is going to stick with his guys no matter how much any of you scream. But you know what, if he fails then it's on him. Then he will get replaced. If he wins by the way he builds the team then what? To continue to bitch about this staff's inability to bring in top recruit is unproductive. I think he should have a longer leash than his predecessors. After all, he's the only UF coach that took his teams to major bowls, ranked in the top ten, double digit wins in his first 2 years.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    You need to stop with all that sensible adult commentary. Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Get Knox a couple Raptors and I’ll bet he recruits just fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  16. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Right. It's ALWAYS excuses people give this staff when it comes to recruiting at a high/elite level.

A great staff has Watson, Marshall, Leary, Burke, and Taylor locked up and damn near moved onto 2022.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    Dan brought his whole crew basically intact from MSU. Clearly he valued continuity with guys trusted at that point. As we’ve had attrition, he’s been upgrading recruiting. Not fast enough for some of us keyboard QBs, but he’s making directionally correct moves. Personally I wish we could close on some of top guys, but I think one of EJ, AR and or DR will be a breakout star and put us into the CFP. If a CFP appearance and new facilities don’t result in recruiting improvements, our AD will have to step in unless he’s OK w being a perennial second tier school - meaning top 10 rankings but no Nattys.

I for one think Mullen will get us to the CFP. If we’re overmatched there by an obvious talent gap, some changes will need to be made IMHO

• Like Like x 4
  18. graylon

graylon Premium Member

Sep 27, 2018

To late I've already been persecuted... lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. graylon

graylon Premium Member

Sep 27, 2018

Exactly... And if I hear Covid is what hurt us one more time I will puke... if would be one thing if Covid was only in Florida but EVERYONE is recruiting against Covid... in a lot of cases this staff has gotten worse at recruiting the top guys... it's really concerning...

The reason its concerning is we dont really have a hold on anything...Our top rivals are killing us in recruiting. I would have thought players making money off their likeness would really separate us... So that excuse about Georgia paying players is why they recruit so well is gone... Cause in a year players can make LEGAL MONEY at the university if Florida... We havent won the east yet people are just so sure we beat Georgia this year... I DONT KNOW THAT FOR SURE... we dont have anything that we hang our hat on besides being good game day coaches... Even though we have good game day coaches we still have blaring weaknesses on game days

I'm not bashing our staff just bringing up some issues that are concerning. Especially for a head coach who has been apart of the SEC for over 10 years. The organization and things we come up short with are things you expect from a first to second year coach... if you are going to be a top-notch program you have to be able to take what you want whenever you get ready. We have problems taking what we want from the mediocre.

Dan and crew have done a great job but it's really what we expect

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. graylon

graylon Premium Member

Sep 27, 2018
    The coach before him won SEC East titles in his first two years and he was fired. I'm not saying that Dan is doing a bad job. What he is doing is pretty much expected at Florida. It is very appreciated but he himself has made these expectations with his speeches of the Gator standard being championships. We all have experienced the times with the Gators were at the top of college football. Some of the things that we are lacking on have to get better and it seems like it's either staying the same or getting worse. And if it's obvious to us then we feel like it should be obvious to him.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1