Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida Gators at Texas A&M Aggies November 5 @ 12 p.m. ESPN

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Nov 3, 2022.

1. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    What did you do with the money you were going to spend on that Dale Carnegie course? LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Hello Die,
    No UF did not play a "perfect" second half and left points on the field.

Nevertheless, winning the half 21-0 and beating Dumbo at Kyle for his 5th straight loss, was very satisfying, at least for me.

Did the defense find something that they can bring our last few games?

I sure hope so. It would be very encouraging to see UF creep back into the
    7 or 8 win mark and go bowling.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Hall of Fame

Jul 24, 2010
    If we hadnt defeated a team in total shambles, I think all of us would be extremely worried of the progress CBN has been making. Gators were clearly the better team on the field as they had so many starters out for a variety reasons. TAMU was and is a total mess.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    "We?" You're not one of us. Yes, we were the better team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    I've long suspected that he is a nole.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. florida72

florida72 Senior

Dec 31, 2019
    So I'm watching the highlights and you really need to watch AR's first TD run. He literally handed that ball to Johnson and then took it back. Say what you want but that's impressive.

7. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Yeah, probably a Fisher fan. That's probably what woke him up this time.

8. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    In retrospect I feel pretty good about it, especially now realizing it wasn't likely TAMU's ineptness but the aggressive style we played. That's how you play it, and that's what will, in addition to money and all UF offers, encourage players to be part of it. It also serves to thwart the other staffs who naturally ask a DB/LB/DL if they want to play a losing style of defense.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    If I may opine, contrast the USF game and the aTm game. We could have easily lost the USF game but we did not and it looked that way. We played like a bad team. Now against aTm, we looked about the same in the beginning but then something happened. What we saw was that AR and the defense found something different and it showed up and took the game, albeit with a couple of offensive brain farts that kept the score closer.

What you want to proclaim is that the clock struck 12 for the aTm quarterback and that is all. He turned into a less-than-pumpkin.

Are you sure you have any affinity for UF or their football program? It does not appear as if you do. And please understand that I am not singing "We're In the Money!", I am merely making an honest assessment of the past game. Why don't you give it a try, if you aren't too jaded.