Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida baseball and Stricklin take notice

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by jdgator, Jun 11, 2022.

1. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The Cardinal pitcher is not throwing good change ups to my eye in spite of the announcers. Way too high and not enough late movement down. A great change both changes speed and the hitter has to adjust a swing plane late due to the downward movement. I see the speed change, but the hitters not needing much of a swing plane change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. insuragator

insuragator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Once may have been my Dad and I. We just decided to pick up tickets outside. Really nice guy gave us his 2 rows up! Roberson and Walsh lit it up that night. I don't remember who we played but I got to go with my Dad.

• Like Like x 2
  3. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Saw some better change ups lately.

4. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe.

Roberson and Walsh were before the renovation when I had 4th row seats but got to walk on the floor to get to them sometimes.

5. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Oops. That was a bad one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

That’s it—Lurk’s post oughta make it official. We need an Oops emoji!!!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe I am old school but a flat change up belt high is not a good pitch. A flat change up at any elevation is not a good pitch.

It might be a pitch you get away with solely with changing timing, but it is not a good pitch. If the timing is off a good hitter can still foul it off.

A proper change up fools the batter two ways. First is speed and second is elevation.

Kowar had a much better change in college that what I have seen from the Stanford starter. His was incredible.

• Like Like x 2
  8. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    "too lazy to list" is still a factor; the bottom line is the system of exchange was MUCH simpler with paper tickets. I still refer people to Bobby D when they're walking up to the baseball games, but he's typically the only guy around for that market (for baseball at least). There are some cases for football where you couldn't list or exchange your tickets on game day. Why? For softball, I found out on accident that the UAA has tickets available for walk-up purchase that don't show up on the Ticketmaster site (does this happen on a regular basis?). I would imagine more people would seek out that option if they knew it was available to them.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Informative Informative x 1