Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Florida’s bowl possibilities. Da’ latest.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by thekentuckygator, Dec 1, 2019.

1. gatordynasty

gatordynasty Freshman

Nov 14, 2009
    Tomorrow:
    1. LSU
    2. tOSU
    3. Clemson
    4. OU
    5. Oregon
    6. Florida

Book it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. the_abided

the_abided Freshman

Jan 9, 2019
    You really think Oregon jumps us with that loss to ASU?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. the_abided

the_abided Freshman

Jan 9, 2019
    And I feel like Georgia will stay ahead of us, but I do think it is a legitimate questions to ask if we jump them. They have the more impressive wins, but they also have much worse losses than us. Even if they had kept it a 2 possession game, I'd say we have no chance. But I do think we have a shot with them just getting absolutely dominated like that, along with factoring in a loss at home to a below 500 team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. No. But I think the puppies stay ahead of us.

5. KendallGator922

KendallGator922 GC Hall of Fame

Mar 27, 2015
    Tomorrow:
    1) OSU
    2) LSU
    3) Clemson
    4) Oklahoma
    5) Georgia
    6) Florida

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Dude, LSU hung almost half a hundred on us and smacked us by 2 TDS. I love our gators more than anything but lets be real.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  7. dylan383

dylan383 Premium Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Texas
    Agree. No way Georgia is ranked under us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. the_abided

the_abided Freshman

Jan 9, 2019
    UGA's LSU loss is still far worse than ours. Yes, we lost by 2 TD's, but with 5 minutes left it was a one possession game that we were still very much in. LSU no doubt deserved the win against us, but it isn't at all comparable to what we saw them do to Georgia today.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. gator32405

gator32405 Senior

Nov 30, 2008
    I think we may get the Sugar Bowl bid regardless of the committee rankings. Here’s a link to the selection process: https://collegefootballplayoff.com/documents/2019/8/20/CFP_Selection_Committee_Protocol.pdf
    Basically, if the SEC champ goes to the playoff; it’s the Sugar Bowl, not the selection committee that selects the replacement. And it isn’t tied to the rankings. I don’t think the Sugar Bowl wants an unenthusiastic Georgia fan base and the team that got pounded by Texas last year, when they could take us. We would travel and be excited to be there and in all likelihood throttle Baylor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. spincycle81

spincycle81 GC Legend

Oct 10, 2015
    Apparently, from what I remember, the conferences have made arrangements with the NY6 bowls regarding their tie-in spots. The SEC and the Sugar bowl have agreed that the highest ranked SEC team not in the playoffs goes, but, for example, the Big XII sends the loser of the Big XII championship to the Sugar Bowl, regardless of whether or not they're the highest-ranked non-playoff Big XII team. I'll try to find sources for this at some point, but no promises. So you can take this with a grain of salt for now.

11. surfn1080

surfn1080 GC Legend

Sep 26, 2008
    Did everyone forget we lost AT LSU with still a relatively new starting QB??

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. gator32405

gator32405 Senior

Nov 30, 2008
    All you have to do is read the selection manual. It states under Section 10.C. “...if that champion qualifies for the playoff, the bowl will select the replacement from that conference.
    This is only in reference to the Orange, Sugar, and Rose spots reserved for conference champions. The extra Orange Bowl spot, the Fiesta, the Peach, and the Cotton do rely on the CFP rankings for their selections. It’s pretty easy to understand if you read the manual.

13. dylan383

dylan383 Premium Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Texas
    Georgia will definitely be sugar bowl and we will be at the orange vs Virginia.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. spincycle81

spincycle81 GC Legend

Oct 10, 2015
    I'm pretty sure you're misunderstanding. I did read your link. The bowls DO select the team that would take the tie-in spot if the conference champion is in the playoffs. They're just doing it in conjunction with the conference. That's why I brought up the SEC and Big 12.

In the SEC, if the champion is in the playoff, the Sugar Bowl and conference have agreed to send the next-highest ranked team.

In the Big 12, since they don't have divisions and don't want to penalize one of their own for making the championship game, they've agreed to send the loser of the Big 12 championship game to take the automatic Sugar Bowl tie-in if the winner makes the playoff.

15. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

The leghumpers will definitely go to the Sugar Bowl....

We'll be in the Orange Bowl, against Virginia...

BUT......

After the playoff carnage....I think the Gators will end up with a National ranking of #5 or #6....

Not too shabby for Dan the Man's only 2nd year!!!

Those "big boys" had better watrch out...because the mighty Gatrors are coming for you!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    Where does that leave alabama?

17. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Making our sandwiches.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    Cole cublic said outback vs Minn

• Like Like x 1
  19. orangebluegator

orangebluegator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

Dont forget that uga played in what was basically a home game for them in Atl while we were at death valley at night with a backup QB.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. merinker

merinker All American

May 28, 2019
    Yes, and Georgia beat UF on a neutral field. I don’t understand why people are comparing the losses to LSU. Neither was close in the end and Georgia pretty much dominated UF in their game when it mattered (3rd downs). Georgia will and should be ranked ahead of UF and it’s not even close.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1