Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Flight Simulator 2020

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by AirGuard_Gator, Oct 28, 2020.

1. AirGuard_Gator

AirGuard_Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    Just completed my first ILS approach and landing at Tokyo International in the B748. I feel pretty good because I have most of the realism settings turned on. Didn't bounce, didn't even run off the runway. I did taxi to the wrong side of the airport but no one has to know that except us. :D

bigdeal.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Nice, I can't land the 747 without bouncing at least twice or missing centerline by a mile, I have better luck with the a320 :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  3. AirGuard_Gator

AirGuard_Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    I have the opposite problem, partly because I haven't figured out how to use the A320 computer. Also there seems to be a lag between throttle input and response but I could just be imagining that.

4. gatorpika

gatorpika GC Hall of Fame

Sep 14, 2008
    I mentioned this in the gaming rig thread, but it looks like BHG stadium was hand modeled. Has a lot of detail that most other ones don't, if the stadium isn't missing completely. I flew a 172 at about 100 ft down University Ave and was circling checking it out. My fraternity house across the street looks like crap unfortunately. I am probably not going to get much more into it until some more third party aircraft come out that are a bit more realistic. I do like the Diamond and the Icon though. For airliners my favorites in other sims were the PMDG 737 and I forgot who made it, but had a nice 727 sim for my retro fix. Was kind of a PITA to fly solo because you had to pop back and forth between the pilot and flight engineer station, but it was fun. Even had inertial navigation.