Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Fla vs Georgia HS football

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by wingtee, Feb 4, 2022.

1. ozgatorfan

ozgatorfan Senior

Apr 12, 2007
    In Georgia, the “better” coaches attract the better athletes in the area, even at HS level.
    Nutrition, conditioning, development, recruiting all a part of it. The bigger money leads to all of that.

2. bposs

bposs GC Hall of Fame

Sep 3, 2010
    Woodstock, GA
    My dad used to be HS coach in Fla, retired in late 80s. Coached for 20 plus years. his players had a 5th&6th period “weightlifting” class that satisfied the PE requirements for graduation. That period was used as the off-season weight training and film study during the season. It was more time with the players for a number of things. The guidance counselors made sure it was only FB players in those periods. I’m not sure that still happens in fla. think the egg heads at the school board put a stop to it. I live here in GA now, and feel like there is more of a commitment to FB here. Good FLA high school coaches are always making the move here for more money, and less class room teaching. Here they can have that 5th or 6th period with their players for more instruction. And yes, the elementary and middle schools all have teams where players play the same type/system of football as the high school that they are zoned for. How ga is now, feels like it used to be in Fla when my dad coached. They seem more committed to HS football up here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shade45

Shade45 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    GA is not on TX level in that regard. Not even close.

GA > FL in regards to coaching pay and facilities by far.

4. zman-1

zman-1 All American

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    [​IMG]

5. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Legend

Jan 31, 2016
    GA is nowhere near TX (I live in GA).

Even the best programs in GA don't shut down their towns like TX does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Depends on the district admin. Some support sports, some dont. In the county where I live in KY. Which is a poor county, the HC makes 100K+ has his own office, parking spot and is "treated" well around town.