Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Fla vs Georgia HS football

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by wingtee, Feb 4, 2022.

1. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    I’m gonna just tell it like it is ! Florida HS football except in the panhandle is horse crap vs Georgia and sometimes Alabama . The best coaches from Florida cross the Georgia border because of better pay and support. Generally Florida HS coaching is a joke . They don’t learn technique like they should . Coaches in Florida are Pop Warner level at best .
    Fan support in Georgia and Bama are so much better on Friday nights .
    Don’t hate me but I’m speaking the truth .
    Again panhandle is good football. Raw athletes are better in South Florida but they are behind

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Except in the panhandle? LOL. Look where the recent Fla state HS champs are from.

I'm sure coaches at St Thomas Aquinas, American Heritage, Venice, Apopka, Miami Central, etc will be happy to hear that they are pop Warner level. :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Wing, I love ya but you’re mistaken. Florida, by far produces more athletes. South Georgia matches most of Florida. Get past Atlanta and competition fades quickly. Carterseville/Calhoun is about as far north as you can go and find competitive football. Albany, Valdosta, and any number of South Georgia towns on any given year will throw you a good team. But I’d take a team from Columbia, Suwannee, Escambia, and anywhere in Miami area and go head-to-head with them. Heck, 1A Madison (another discussion for another day) could beat most Georgia teams.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Legend

Jan 31, 2016
    I was talking with a local GA high school coach who is actively looking for a FL opponent for early September game. I love these games.

I live near Gwinnett County in GA and the number of top high school football players makes this a football mecca. But, I would not put these players above Dade / S FL kids.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    FL has double the population of jawja…. Jawja treats HS football like Texas, a religion. Florida does not. Ymmv

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Way better coaching in Georgia . Not even close . You do understand the better coaching is moving to Georgia

7. gatorgeezer

gatorgeezer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    with over 2000 high schools in Florida, how many did you include in sweeping assessment ?

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    They have players and are good coaches of those schools u mentioned but Georgia has elite coaching that transcends to better college players .
    Plus a better Friday night experience . Not sure u understand the scope and totality I’m talking about. I promise u I know what I’m talking about . If u are not in the coaching business or Admin you really don’t know

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Do u have any friggin idea what u are talking about?

10. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    I’ll admit I’m probably not qualified to discuss the subject. Strictly going off athletes. You are correct about there being great coaching. Some of your powerhouse programs pay ridiculous amounts of money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gatorgeezer

gatorgeezer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    could ask same question

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    No u couldn’t . I know what I’m talking about .

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    This is what I’m trying to say

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    Better college players? I think that is stretching it. Is there actual data on that?

• Like Like x 1
  15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Did u think about glancing at the last few recruiting rankings ?

16. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    The recruiting rankings are for high school players. That's only a guide for success in college. It would be interesting to see which states produce the most college All Americans and NFL players. That's one way you can rate how good the college players are.

17. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    Forgot quite a few including GHS, Bucholtz, Lake City, Bolles, Trinity Christian St Aug/Nease etc etc

• Like Like x 1
  18. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    I didn't forget, those are all good programs, but the OP seems to have a bias against central and south Florida schools, hence my referencing those. Several of which happen to have multiple state championships on their resume. Imagine what they could do if they had good coaching. :)

19. Gator72211

Gator72211 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. beachgator23

beachgator23 GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    There is a much greater talent level in Florida than Georgia as far as the quantity of athletes. Most of the teams that win in Florida recruit/aggregate the local talent best. They rely solely on out athleting their opponents. To Wing's point many "good" Florida HS teams generally play a terrible brand of football especially offensively. For having all these national recruited athletes, the state of Florida puts out a small amount of QBs. Probably a function of coaching too. The pay rate for the coaching is much greater in Georgia. The average coordinator can make multiple times what a head coach does here in Florida.

• Winner Winner x 1