Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

First trip to a cannabis dispensary

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by StrangeGator, Jan 2, 2020.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Does GC have filters to prevent spam posts like this?

2. g8rtrucker

g8rtrucker VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes......:cool: they are called moderators and administrators.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    For further clarity ~ The post I have quoted above was deleted by the admin. who checked on the IP after I expressed my doubt on the posters intention ( post 97 ). It was suspicious. The sidebar included a photo avatar of a young female. A google search of the photo revealed its appearance on a number of other message boards, including paintball aficianados to trumpet players, as well as those discussing vaping and CBD oil.

The board does have filters but I do not know the specifics. I know there are some words that activate it - such as 'marketing', but other than that I have no further information.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    For all of you curious about the health benefits of cannabis, especially pain relief, check this out. It's a user review for Critical Mass on leafly.com written by someone with a brain tumor.

"I currently have a brain tumor and this was recommended to help as it had a high cbd and wasn't too high of a thc for me being new to the game( and obviously unwell) I also currently have been suffering from a horrible speech impediment that sounded like a female Forest Gump/stroke patient and I had had that problem from the tumor. I took two small hits off this strain and for four hours my completely normal speech came back!!!!! My leg arm and face numbness and tingling disappeared. I felt happy (even though they just told me I've got a frigging brain tumor this morning)…

Leafly Strain Explorer

• Like Like x 1
  5. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    About to do my weekly cannabis shopping. Will cut that to once a month as soon as I've settled on a strain and consumption form. As much as I enjoy the taste and overall sensory experience of smoking flower, I'm leaning towards vape pens. There's no grinding, rolling or cleanup and it's so much more discreet. We're very careful not to let our son know what's up and our daughter isn't too keen on us being cannabis users, even thought she is an occasional consumer. I was in a bar watching a band two weeks ago and stepped out into an enclosed court yard to take a couple of hits. Saw three other people out there, one smoking a cigarette, the other two hitting vape pens. Technically, that's illegal but I'm pretty sure it's safe in that setting.

Shopping for a specific strain in flower or vape form is tricky. No single dispensary has much variety and many have none at all. I have to go to the online menus of several stores to see what's available on a given day. I do not have the time to wait in line so I'm going to hit a dispensary that is currently out of flower since those lines will be shorter. Looking forward to the day when dispensaries are fully stocked and staffed, and more focused on recreational use with bud-tenders who have time to help you find the right strain for my needs.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Picked up a .500 gram cartridge of Jack Herer. Hit it a few times right before I went to the dojo. Wow! Very cerebral in the weirdest ways. My precision, body mechanics and fluidity were off the charts. My recollection of each movement in some techniques was off the charts in a different direction.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. ElimiGator

ElimiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Jax
    It’s the same situation in FL. I think your Jack is similar to the Alaska I mentioned earlier. $tock up on it when you can.

8. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    I have all I need for now, three vape cartridges, a gram of flower and a most of a package of 20 green team mints with .05 grams of THC in each mint. Thumbs up for the Do-Si-Dos and Jack Herer cartridges along with the Outer Space flower. The mints are for my wife and she seems pretty happy though next time she wants dark chocolate. Will have to try the Harle-Tsu cartridge when I'm clear headed and need the anti-inflammatory properties. Will be at the dojo for two hours tonight so I'm thinking tomorrow morning.

Hard to sort out the differences between the strains. What I have noticed is that the Do-Si-Dos seems to be the most relaxing and the Jack Herer the most cerebral. I need to take another couple of hits of the Outer Space to parse out what qualities it has. Only hit it once right before bed. I can definitely recommend it for insomnia. But seriously, what strain has anyone had that wasn't good for insomnia and of course appetite?

• Like Like x 1
  9. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Cannabis sales totaled almost $40 million in Illinois for the month of January. Not sure if that will be the norm. Supply shortages and customer capacity issues certainly kept the numbers down. Out of state customers accounted for over $8.5 million in sales. There are a lot of issues to work out regarding cannabis tourism. We need laws in Chicago that enable tourists to enjoy cannabis together in some sort of semi-public setting. That doesn't exist now but Mayor Lightfoot is very eager to make Chicago welcome to cannabis tourists. It'd be great to ride around Chicago in a double decker bus while burning a fat one.

• Like Like x 2
  10. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Toilet paper isn't the only rapidly diminishing commodity around here. The dispensaries have been over-run for days now and began hoarding product for medical patients. I'm in good shape right now with small amounts of flower and a brand new vape cartridge of Gelato (91% THC). My wife is running short on edibles but the dispensaries seem to be well stocked with those. Cresco and Verano are a few weeks away from their first harvests from newly expanded cultivation facilities. Cresco's monthly yield is rumored to be three or four-fold what it's been since January.

What else is there to do during a pandemic?

11. lacuna

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Good question...

12. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Grow your own brah! Assuming it's legal up there.

13. gasparillagator

gasparillagator VIP Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Boink your significant other and then sleep for 23 hours and 55 minutes...

14. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Good idea. FYI, tomorrow is a special day for couples. Will be picking up some steak.

15. lacuna

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    [​IMG]

16. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    It's only legal to grow if you have a medical card. Very expensive to set up and it would be hard to replicate the high THC content of the product being produced across the state. I'm seeing strains tested as high as 38%.

There is a provision in the state law allowing for 160 craft cultivator licenses and I'm helping a friend at work with his application and planned venture. (Spent four years in the startup world) His partner is a chemical engineer and they plan to focus on extracting and marketing concentrates. The partner has a cannabis possession conviction in his past. People with cannabis related criminal records move to the front of the line. Governor Pritzker has already granted 11,000 pardons for low level convictions.

• Like Like x 1
  17. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Panicking about shelter in place stuff yesterday, my wife handed me two 100 dollar bills and sent me out to replace her vape pin cartridge and a tin of wild berry mints (.5 grams THC). It's complicated going to dispensaries these days since you can't have more people inside than can stand six feet away from each other. Shopped online for a bit and found a dispensary in Joliet that had everything we needed and then some, Kosher Kush which I've had on my shopping list since January. The batch they had tested at 31% THC. Picked up an eighth for $65. Haven't tried any yet but I made a batch of "fire crackers," graham crackers with peanut butter and cannabis shake.

Yea, I'm bored.

18. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Bump. Don't want this thread to stay below "Christian Music of your Liking."

Oh yea. The Kosher Kush was excellent. Powerful but mellow like a lot of Indica strains.

• Like Like x 1