Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

First trip to a cannabis dispensary

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by StrangeGator, Jan 2, 2020.

1. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    I did, all the way up here. Weird.

2. ElimiGator

ElimiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Jax
    Bob Clotworthy is his name. Apparently his voice is popular. Interesting show for the first season but fast forwarding is probably better.

3. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Was left to my own devices (one of them being a vape pen) for the early afternoon while my wife and daughter went out shopping. They came home two hours later finding three loads of laundry done, folded and put away, the kitchen spotless and all the trash and recycle taken out. Wife looked at me and said, "You've been hitting that vape pen haven't you."

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ElimiGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Jax
    Yes sir, well done. What strain?

5. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Cubbie Kush. Decent stuff. My wife and I finally had a night cap together. She likes it a lot. Less like a margarita and more like a glass of Chardonnay. We had a very nice time afterwards.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ElimiGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Jax
    Mmhmm mmhmm. Sounds fun!

I tried, for the first time, Alaska.
    Being it’s the first time trying it, I only it sampled it once instead of quick multi-samples. Whew! I paced around for 20 minutes. I felt like painting a door or something useless. It definitely makes you want to do something. Perfect. And being a Tikun product, you get the full terpene and cannabinoid profiles, though this strain’s CBD content is <1%.

7. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Correction. I asked for Cubbie Kush but got bumped to the next available cartridge in the same THC range, "Do Si Dos." Very happy with it. Two quick hits before bedtime is perfect. The four or five earlier in the evening were wasted on network TV.

I'm thinking I need to chase down that strain, assuming it's not anxiety inducing. Where do you live? Where in the US can you get weed from Tikun Alom?

8. ElimiGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Jax
    Do si do perfect for that. Florida. Anxiety inducing can be from any where you have too much too quick, from my experience. Leafy does a fair job of indicating levels of paranoia and anxiety for strains. I have to keep an eye on that as well.
    I like being in the woods and I don’t need to hear or see things that aren’t there!!

9. leftcoastgator

leftcoastgator Ambivalent Zealot Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sonoma, CA
    You found a strain that makes network TV watchable? Must be powerful stuff.

This is the greatest thread in the history of Gator Country.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Somebody agrees.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    saw this story on CNN.
    The purple haze over Arizona was caused by a marijuana farm, but it's not what you think - CNN

The light from a medical marijuana farm filled the sky over Snowflake, Arizona, with a strange, purple glow on a recent foggy morning.

[​IMG]

& it instantly reminded me of the back photo on Meat Puppets II, also taken in Arizona & they are notorious stoners.
    [​IMG]

now I wanna get baked & listen to this alb

BTW/FYI II was allegedly the MDA album, the next one, Up on the Sun was the weed album.

The drugs that fueled the Meat Puppets’ first five LPs

Curt once told me a story of a night he spent in the Arizona desert under the influence of hallucinogens. Wandering around in a patch of barren desert far from town, he came upon what appeared to be a beautiful Persian rug, laid out in the sand. Under the influence as he was, he couldn’t help but lie down on the rug and attempt to commune with its cascading patterns and beautiful colors. He eventually wrapped himself up in this gorgeous rug, and drifted off to sleep. Upon awakening to the heat of a desert morning, he was instantly sobered up by the realization that the rug was in fact, an extremely dead coyote, covered in maggots and stinking like the bowels of Hell from days spent rotting in the sun. The influence of incidents like these (and there are others!) definitely gave the Meat Puppets their particular and peculiar edge.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  12. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Yes, but not good enough to make Gator basketball watchable. If I'd had a bong last weekend, I'd have thrown it at my TV.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    [​IMG]

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    All the dispensaries are out of flower so it was a good day to go to the dispensary for something else. Picked up a tin of green tea mints for my wife today, 20 x 5mg. Just in time for date night, which has gone really well since the dispensaries opened.

• Like Like x 3
  15. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
  16. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Date night went very well. Very, very well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  18. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    In the interest of finding the right strain or strains for my wife and I, I'm getting ready to start stocking a "weed cabinet." This will be a very slow process since I don't have a lot of money to throw at this venture. The strategy starting out is to buy strains one at a time as they become available. Most of what I hope to stock is not available at a given time. Some strains that have been recommended have not been available at all. Starting my shopping with these strains in mind… Durban Poison, Sour Diesel, Kosher Kush, Pineapple Express and Chem Dawg. Would appreciate anyone's input. especially you ElimiGator.

• Like Like x 1
  19. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Here's a really useful cannabis education tool provided by the people at Leafly…

Cannabis Guide

• Like Like x 1
  20. ElimiGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Jax
    That guide is silly. Circles and triangles oh my! I am just happy to see multiple strains with some applied analysis and user feedback.
    I am quite sure if you can get Alaska, you’ll love it. It is the most amazing daytime strain ever IMO. No negative attributes I’ve experienced unless you think wanting to do yard work at 11PM is good. I have tried Pineapple Express and Tangie. Good day strains as well but nothing like Alaska. Granddaddy Purple is a good night (time to chill) strain. I’ve run into the same problem you have with Lack of store inventory. I have noticed a lot of generic strains in the local stores too. THC Hybrid or THC Indica...? Indica what?? Call me picky but I am not experimenting with that while I have named choices with a profile and consumer history. All strains you listed are good legendary choices and a lot of people would agree with you considering the feedback. Also, I only vape so flower power isn’t an option for me. I’m not going through that “What’s that smell?” game with my youngest. You just can’t hide from that particular smell.
    One thing I like to do is save some of the old for later. It is always good to go back and compare the new vs old and verify perceived attributes. Let us know how your PotBar goes.

• Like Like x 1