Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

FINAL UCF Knights 34 at Pittsburgh Panthers 35.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by defensewinschampionships, Sep 21, 2019.

1. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I actually watched the Pitt/Penn state game and came away hopeful Pitt could beat UCF. Thought their defense was solid and their qb had moxy.

But if youre going to act like LSU flipped a switch and became something better after our game with them because joe burrow started playing better then thats a reach as they literally had wide recievers playing db due to injuries as well as missing players in other positions as well. UCF played a watered down LSU.

Pitt is solid. Not great. If UCF wasn't throwing a tantrum the last 2 years and denigrating UF at every turn then a loss would be understandable and they might get a pass. Instead they wanted a seat with the big boys while playing a joke schedule and talkrd about how UF was a thing of the past . no sympathies

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    You keep comparing UCF to UF and saying "but they played LSU then" or "but they played Pitt who played Penn tough..."

Nobody has disputed that UCF has had a really good run and few dispute that they would give us a hell of a game. However, here is the thing, UF has not tried to claim they are the best team in the country the last few years, or say they are "National Champions". UCF has.

People are annoyed at the "little brother act" of screaming how good they are. Every team in history has been denied a shot at a title, often with better resumes than UCF, but didn't whine like they do. If UCF stopped acting like that then many folks would enjoy their success with them.

Case in point is UCF poking UF for a home/home series. Go on the road and play anybody anywhere like FSU did. Or how about go beat Alabama/clemson at their place and earn respect. But beating crappy teams and whining about getting "your shot at the title" is the issue. Saying "UCF is as good as UF" may or may not be true, but UF isn't dumb enough to say we deserve a title shot based on that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Username checks out.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    6 or 7?

More like three. Memphis (#16) and AU (#8) in 2017 and Cincinnati (#19) in 2018.

And of those three only AU finished the season ranked in the top 20. So they've beaten ONE top 20 team in 2+ years.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Facts have never been part of the UCF argument. Its mind boggling really

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I laughed out loud

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. gators8

gators8 GC Legend

Oct 1, 2007
    Having said all of that remember LSU had WR's playing DB in last year's bowl game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Aside from the "bounce" getting taken out of the "bounce house"... ......

Danny White, Josh Heupel and Mike Bianchi are probably in some nondescript dive bar in Kissimmee, crying in each other's beers.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    I do recall WVU's coach bitching about being left out the 1994 Orange Bowl over SWAC before the Sugar Bowl. The 41-7 final score shut him up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    I was there and it was awesome. They thought they were going to destroy us. My Dad leaned over at one point before kickoff and said "these guys have no idea what's about to happen to them". Boy, was he ever right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Senior

Aug 30, 2017
    'Twould indeed!

12. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    Two words to make you smile: Monty Grow.

Think Studstill (spelling?) is still trying to buckle that chinstrap!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Me too. What a GREAT game!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I for one was glad to see UCF lose.

One day maybe they'll realize they really aren't a P5 program, just because they win a few games.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    WOW!! Talk about making shat up.

Joe Burrow QBR average before Florida game: 75.34

Joe Burrow QBR average after the Florida game: 70.33

He came into the Florida game having thrown 6 TDs and 0 picks (threw 2 against FL).

In the 5 games after Florida he threw for 3 TDs and 2 picks.

But according to you he was some chump when he played UF and turned into Dan Marino at the end of the year? lol

All I remember is LSU was so decimated they had to play WRs at the DB position.

These UCF fans really live in a made believe world. lol

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    I knew it. They're baaaacckk!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Yup! And I posted here before the game that we'd get at least two INT's off of Burrow because the pundits underestimated our defense. We'll get some this year too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. G8tr69

G8tr69 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    They can still win the Champions of Life Trophy away from Tennessee LOL :p:p:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. BigSlick

BigSlick GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2007
    But the WAY they lost on the Philly Special was classic!!!! Could not happen to a bigger bunch of whiners!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    The thing that the overwhelmingly young UCF fans and AD are seemingly too naive to grasp is that the one thing that has turned so many football fans against them is their claim of a national championship. I personally think they could probably beat half the teams in the country on any given day, but, you just can't self-anoint a championship. I'd love to have a Congressional Medal of Freedom or a Nobel Prize, but, if I issued one to myself, what would it be worth if no one else respected or validated it? I live in the Orlando area, have attended half-a-dozen football games there, and, have even taken a post-bacc class there one semester. I used to pull for them, but, I just can't bring myself to do that anymore.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2