Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Film Study: Mohamoud Diabate - The QB Sniper

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by g8or1965, Feb 22, 2020.

1. g8or1965

g8or1965 Freshman

Dec 8, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Film study of Mohamoud Diabate, "The QB Sniper".

Diabate = 6' 3" / 4.5 speed / 38" vert / Hometown: Auburn, Ala. / High School: Auburn

• Like Like x 8
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  2. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Great stuff by Murf, as always...
    I've been saying it ever since Mullen began putting him into the game, and emphasizing it more and more.....
    Diabate's a friggin' Beast, and is onlyt gonna get better as he continues!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    “Car crash city” “muscle relaxer”. Fn great. I watch his videos half for info and half for the euphemism.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    This kid Diabate is the real deal for sure. Murf as well-love his analysis-got the voice too. Big year ahead for Diabate. Last year he was a bit of a unrecognized commodity- that chit ends this year. Field of dreams happening in da Swamp...look out. No Lake Alice marshmallows for him, this Gators getting prime QB...

Go Gators.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Does not divulge weight?

6. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Won't really matter after another year of Savage

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    The graphic above says 215. I think Murf said another ten pounds...as WhattaGator mentioned, release the Savage beast on him and the kid will be unstoppable. I mean he's almost gangly right now, and he's already in the early stages of wreaking havoc. That kid has some big-time upside...

Go Gators

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I only recognize the one true “Murph”, he of the back to back 82-83 mvp variety. The Mormon assassin and still the reason why I wore and my kids wear #3. Met him last year and is one of the sports highlights of my life

9. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    He's one of the kids I'm most excited about this coming season. I have no doubt he's going to wreck havoc on opposing QB's!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. gators0728

gators0728 Freshman

Nov 29, 2016
    Yeah I love Murphy, he was my hero back then. I know he’ll always remember me. I was 12 years old just left a Braves game and saw him pull out of the stadium in his black Cadillac with his family, I ran behind him and just up the street he stopped at a red light. With my dad running behind me I ran up to Dale’s window knocked on it, he rolled it down and signed my baseball. Still a thrill for me and my dad to talk about. I know Dale could never forget that....

• Like Like x 4
  11. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    Back in the peak of his career, I happened to see Dale Murphy coming down a hallway in a building in the Atlanta area.
    My back was to the wall...he saw me and out of the blue, just walked up, stopped, introduced himself and shook my hand.
    He didn't know me from "Adam's house cat."
    Great, great guy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    By all accounts one of the nicest men in sports over the last 40 years. You remember the poster that used to hang in most Dairy Queen’s where he’s holding the bat that’s lit up like a light saber. So damn fly

13. cudagator

cudagator Sophomore

Feb 22, 2017
    Our oldest son went to kindergarten with his oldest son. He would voluntarily come in during the year and sit for photos with every kid that wanted one.

He also signed a bunch of his books and personalized them and gave them away. I read from that book to each of our kids at night when they were young.

What an incredible example of how to be a sports idol.

he should be in the HOF along with Fred McGriff and Andruw Jones!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Once Diabate gets in the lineup next year the opposing QB's will be walking around like they took a dart gun in the jugular
    (mods, please review my link-there's some potty language-not sure of the ruling) But, it is funny...

Go Gators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFW-yxe13lo

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Hope we get an accurate account of players’ weights during spring ball. Any updates on transfer’s eligibility would be most welcomed as well.

16. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    "First responder"
    "This is a good play...probably a touchdown... Nope!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. WhattaGator

He does a fairly admirable job....
    Although, perhaps your euphemisms might not be nearly as good.

Just sayin'

18. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, those are his from another video, so yeah, they are just as good.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. unclerob

unclerob Freshman

Aug 14, 2015
    Diabate played bigger than he was last year. I'm hoping that Savage can put some size on him. If he can get into the 235-240 range, the SEC better look out.