Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

field of dreams.

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by buckeyegator, Mar 10, 2019.

1. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    just got finished watching it for about the 30th time, it is the one movie I have to watch if I come across it on tv. I know some people think it is corny ( no pun intended), but a movie with james earle jones and burt Lancaster, in his last role, I believe cannot be bad. how do you feel about it, what are your favorite scenes, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  2. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I went into that movie not knowing a ton about it, other than it was about baseball. My son was 8 or 9, playing ball and he was really into baseball. I coached his team.
    We saw it at a dollar theater, when they were still around. Middle of the afternoon, just a few other people in the big theater.

It was magical. Simply magical at the time for the two of us.

• Like Like x 2
  3. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    My favorite movie of all time

4. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    It is the best baseball movie ever made.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    One of the very few movies that are just as good watching it repeatedly as it was the first time.

I don't mean over and over and over but each time you do watch it.

6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I agree with all here - great film. My favorite scene: After all the lack of compliance from James Earl Jones and seemingly a great waste of time, the two leave Fenway. Costner drops Jones off at home, turns the van around, and Jones is standing in front of the vehicle and (in a daze) reciting the Moonlight Graham info.

7. gatordavisl

gatordavisl GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Some sports movies, corny as they may be, have a certain sense of magic. The Black Stallion is one of those movies and I likely feel that way about it because of the age I was when I saw it.

8. ValpoGator

ValpoGator Recruit

Jan 20, 2014
    There is magic to that movie and other movies around that time. Brings back memories of childhood, innocence and how life used to be. I like to think about the scene in The Sandlot where it is 4th of July, the block party is going on and Ham runs by and grabs food as he heads to the field. No one worried about their kids and the kids could enjoy the pure love for the game of baseball.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1