Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Feel the (Amari) Burn(ey)!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by LLCoolJ94, Oct 23, 2019.

1. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

Is anybody else super excited to see this guy? I don't care where you line him up, just get him on the field!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Senior

Jan 11, 2015
    Agree......announcer on USCe game was giving him props for his coverage skills late in the game. He played it perfectly. He needs to teach Dean how to look back for the ball!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gatorfan96

gatorfan96 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I think he needs to shadow/spy Swift in Jacksonville and hope to contain him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    not sure if his best position is Star or ILB, but I'd like to see him on the field as much as possible.

He also exhibits leadership skills, so he'll be even more important after David Reese graduates

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Some gave him some heavy criticism early on this year. Glad to see him doing well. The story on him earlier in the year was a motivated hard worker. Looking forward to his progress

• Like Like x 2
  6. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

I couldn't agree more with both thoughts. Although I do think Dean will bring leadership and some dog in him.

More on the leadership front, I'm interested to see what Davis and Stewart will bring to the table.

But figuring at which level to place Burney is both a tough and pleasant problem to have! I'm really excited to see him on the field more!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Agree with LLC about where to play Burney next year is a good problem. He’s not only much bigger than Dean but faster as well. I was looking forward to seeing young Reese use his speed in coverage as well. Hope he heals completely and can contribute in ‘20.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. hotelgator

hotelgator All American

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    Favorite recruit from last year!!
    Good kid off the field as well, from what a few have stated.